[FIXED] [V] Dates & Wedding and Birthday parties only possible at night

by Novelwrite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Dates & Wedding and Birthday parties only possible at night

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a vampire Sim -- named Hemlock -- who never seems to be able to complete dates. The glitch has yet to affect any other Sims -- even when I tested immediately after. Whenever Hemlock is on a date, the date automatically fails within 10-30 minutes of completion without anything happening to cause it. Even when Sims are having a pleasant time, the date automatically fails. Not sure why. :\

Message 8 of 78 (13,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Dates & Wedding and Birthday parties only possible at night

Hero

Sims should once again be able to Plan their Wedding Event with a Vampire Sim.
  • Is marriage to a vampire considered a wedding or a funeral? One of you is dead after all.
    • Ok, ok… let’s not get into the dead vs undead debate.

Vampires can now date.
  • Technically - as for your determination of their date-ability, well, that’s on you.
    • I wish you a happy twilight, and a merry nosferatu.

Weddings and Dates are fixed, If Birthday Parties are still an issue (or other events), let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 69 of 78 (10,459 Views)

All Replies

[WORKAROUND] [V] Vampires Can't get Married through wedding arch/party

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been playing a couple where the girl got turned into a vampire, got engaged to a human, turned the human into a vampire, and I'm now trying to marry them. The wedding plan screen won't allow me to go past the first page (picking the event) because "Your Sims must be engaged to get married". They get whims to get engaged, but the relationships panel says they're engaged and there isn't an interaction to propose for either of them. Is there a fix for this, or is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I have mods but I've tested with and without the mods folder and there's no change, so that isn't it. 

Message 1 of 78 (14,948 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Vampires Can't get Married

Hero

Try using cheats to remove the relationship and get them back up: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 78 (14,941 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just tested this, and it didn't work. I had them break up, become GF/BF, then get engaged. Eloping works, but using the wedding arch in any way doesn't.

Message 3 of 78 (14,934 Views)

Hero

Were they promised as teens ?

Not sure if it's an vampire only issue or just the usual case of can't propose bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 78 (14,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, they were both young adults--one human, one vampire when they got engaged the first time. They didn't even meet until they were young adults. 

Edit: They can propose just fine, it's planning the wedding event or using the wedding arch that they can't do. Perhaps it's an issue with the party system itself not recognizing vampires?

Message 5 of 78 (14,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you maybe try another constallation for testing purposes ?

Going to see if my two vampires can get married

They are not turned though

EDIT: Yeah, I can duplicate

Moved to the bug forum to add to the list

@SnowieSimmer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 78 (14,889 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, thanks! Seems EA has a lot of game-breaking bugs to fix... Wink

Message 7 of 78 (14,879 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Event Goal not fulfilling

Hero

@Novelwrite wrote:

I have a vampire Sim -- named Hemlock -- who never seems to be able to complete dates. The glitch has yet to affect any other Sims -- even when I tested immediately after. Whenever Hemlock is on a date, the date automatically fails within 10-30 minutes of completion without anything happening to cause it. Even when Sims are having a pleasant time, the date automatically fails. Not sure why. :\

Any mods in your game ?

If not, willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 78 (13,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Elope should be working If you have a vampire/human mixture, it should work if you choose the human to initiate Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 78 (14,778 Views)