[OPEN] Uneven Terrain on Lots - Causes Various Problems

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: Floor pattern wont work on terrain

★★★ Newbie

Also, when I click on the tile I want to apply the floor pattern to, it simply shows the red error message "Nothing to change".

Message 21 of 92 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is a photo to show what I mean:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hp28nr.png

Message 22 of 92 (1,518 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I believe you're experiencing this issue.

Message 23 of 92 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah yes, thats seems to be it.  No fix as yet by the looks of it.

Message 24 of 92 (1,494 Views)

Re: Creating Basement Causes Terrain Slope on Certain Lots, Reverts Flooring

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

http://help.ea.com/en/article/basement-causing-problems-with-items-in-the-sims-4/

I guess it helps to put the basement over the entire lot. Edit: Then bulldoze and the lot and place the lot again. Well save it first then bulldoze and replace lot

Message 25 of 92 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this does not work i think. because, if you have a house with a basement and you save your house to the gallery, bulldoze your home and replace it again your tiles are still disappeared... and even if you want to built a basement again your tiles are going to disappear again.

have this issue with Oakenstead I have bulldoze it,but the tiles are still missing. 

http://prntscr.com/7pe750

Message 26 of 92 (1,422 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As of the 7/9/15 patch, here are the changes:

• Yuma Heights fixed
  • Agave Abode - lot is worse now, problem happens all over it
  • Oakenstead fixed
  • Cypress Terrace fixed
  • Forest Hideaway is worse - occurs all over the lot
  • Comfy Cubby fixed

All others remain as noted in the original post.  I need someone else to look at the Forgotten Grotto, as I do not have it unlocked in my game.

Message 27 of 92 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I have a similar problem, my problem is not that placing floor and then placing pools or fountains make the floor to revert to ground, my problem start from point 4 of the first post, the  "Attempt to re-add flooring to those tiles; you will get an error that there is "Nothing to Change."

http://i.imgur.com/Am1SMId.png

Like you see in the image, I can't place floor around the pool/fountain, I have to place the floor before placing the pool.

Message 28 of 92 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Karterkor clarified on the forums that the problem is on the Twin Oracle Point lot.  I was able to recreate the issue.  It is the same bug, but just a slightly different take on it.  On this lot, if you place the floor tiles before creating pools, the tiles will not revert to grass.  However, you will be unable to change most of the tiles directly around the pools.  If you place the pools before placing floor tiles, you will be unable to place floor tiles and the area surrounding the pool(s) will remain grass.  I will add the lot to the index post, and when I get a chance, I will check other lots that we thought were okay/fixed for this iteration of the problem.

Edit: I have finished reviewing all of the lots in the game, with the exception of the hidden lots, which I do not have unlocked in my game.  The index post on the first page is updated with a list of affected lots in each world.

Edit: After the 8/6/16 patch, I reviewed a few of the lots and see that the problem remains with them.  Since this bug was not mentioned as one that should have been fixed in the patch, I am not intending to perform in depth testing but am assuming that it persists upon all previously listed lots.  If anyone finds that a lot *has* been fixed, please let us know.

Message 29 of 92 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue on Willow creek "Oakenstead" lot to this very day Frown

Message 30 of 92 (1,291 Views)