[FIXED] Terrain Paint does not transfer from Library/Gallery

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Terrain Paint does not transfer from Library/Gallery

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

New in the 10/25/16 patch - when placing a lot from your library or the Gallery, any terrain paint on the lot will be eliminated upon placement.  This is true of pre-existing lots in the Library/Gallery as well as newly created ones.

Steps to reproduce on a fresh lot:

1. Enter a lot in build mode
  2. Place terrain paint on it
  3. Save the lot to your library - note that the terrain appears correct in the picture(s)
  4. Bulldoze the lot and place the one you just saved to your library over it
Message 5 of 29 (3,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Terrain Paint does not transfer from Library/Gallery

Hero (Retired)

Fixed in the 11/15/16 patch. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 21 of 29 (2,940 Views)

All Replies

Terrain paint not showing up.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Since yesterday's patch, when I download a lot from the Gallery and place it on an empty lot in my game, any terrain paint used by the creator of the lot will not show up, despite it not being custom content, and despite me having it in my game.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any further replies.

Message 1 of 29 (3,420 Views)

Re: Terrain paint not showing up.

Hero

What lot was that ?

Could you post creator and name so i can try duplicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (3,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It was a lot named "A New Day" by GabLeSim. It has terrain paint in the preview picture, but it didn't actually show up in my game when I placed it. After that I tried placing other lots by various creators that contained terrain paint. None of them showed up, though.. Frown

Message 3 of 29 (3,390 Views)

Hero

I'll test this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (3,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank goodness, I was afraid it was just me having this issue, I was losing my mind trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. This happens with every lot I save or download since the update, with no exceptions, whether it was created/downloaded before or after the update. Hopefully this can get fixed, it was rather disappointing to have all the terrain work I'd spent hours on vanish- luckily I saved a back-up, so I guess I'll just wait to do anything with it until the issue is resolved xD

Message 6 of 29 (3,383 Views)

Hero

@uncreativeirene I merged your thread. Seems this is a new bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (3,376 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem too after the latest patch. It works that way with any lot that has terrain paints, even with newly created. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Message 8 of 29 (3,305 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem!! Been going crazy over this, trying to find out what's wrong. Have been reinstalling my game with no cc what so ever, and it happens to every single lot I try to place in my world. Even older ones I have saved in my own library for quite some time, as well as new ones.

Message 9 of 29 (3,167 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem! Devil

Message 10 of 29 (3,111 Views)