[ARCHIVED] Sims don't sit down when eating

by NimrevD

Original Post

Re: Sims don't always eat at dining table

Hero

@SheaPellegriniwrote:
So my sims like to just hang out in the kitchen to eat... they don't even go sit down anywhere (except one child occasionally). I have a table near by with plenty of seating, but still, everyone seems ro just want to eat by the fridge, even if I tell them other wise.
I don't know how to send you a file? But it happens in the homes.

There's currently a new known issue with this. I've merged your post with the thread on that.

No saves are needed for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 91 (2,101 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★★ Novice
My Sims will never sit to watch TV, game, or eat. If I tell a Sim to sit once they've grabbed a plate, then others will follow to sit at the table as well, but otherwise they just eat standing right where they picked up their dish.
Message 12 of 91 (2,086 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★★ Guide

I have the same problem. My sims don't sit down for eat or watch TV.

Message 13 of 91 (2,080 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem. I did find that if the there is only one space between the coffee table my tv is on and the sofa my sims will then sit down to watch tv. But nothing seems to make them sit down to play video games.

Message 14 of 91 (2,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have seen this too. With a TV/game and a sofa it is just an annoyance. When they do it at the fridge though that causes issues since they block access to the food for all other sims. No one else can eat. Adults that are hungry need a "Hey move buddy" like they have with bathrooms, but instead they just starve. In one house with multiple adults and a grill it has caused an outbreak of grilling.

Message 15 of 91 (2,048 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I have noticed that too. Even if you tell them to sit down and then watch, they get right back up. Silly since most of the furniture it right there.

Message 16 of 91 (2,001 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't try to sit down when playing games or watching TV

★★★★ Novice

mine will rarely sit at breakfast bar or dining room table but mainly stand infront of the fridge and i have to manually click else were in the house/apartment to make them move away from it

Message 17 of 91 (1,946 Views)

Re: Sims don't sit while watching television

★★★ Newbie

same problem! it is really annoying

Message 18 of 91 (1,922 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, me too.  I have a sim who'll turn on the TV and watch it standing up even though there's a big empty couch in front of the TV.  I hadn't noticed this happening before the toddlers' update, only after it.  From what I can remember pre-update, my other sim would sit down and watch the TV.  Both the positions of the TV and the couch are in the same place before and after the update. 

Message 19 of 91 (1,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes these bugs are quite annoying to be honest. Before the patches my sims always used to sit down to watch TV, and play games on the consoles, now they always stand, it only happens very rarely that they actually sit down. Frown

Message 20 of 91 (1,908 Views)