[ARCHIVED] Sims cannot propose

by DouglasButcher

Original Post

Propose greyed out or propose option missing

Champion (Retired)

It has been some time since I explained the 3 different issues in this thread so I feel it is time again with the many recent questions on this.

You see two different things when trying to propose. Either propose is greyed out or it is missing

Propose is greyed out and it says that you cannot marry someone in your employ.

If it really is someone in your employ simply terminate him/her.

If the sim are not in your employ, it is a bug and the error message is wrong. It is instead because one or both sims are romantically involved with others.

This is fixed by having the sim ask previous romantic interest to be just friends. You can see which of the sims you know that has the romance bar active.

If it is the other sim having the problem add him/her to your household so you can do the above.

Propose is not available.

This bug comes from the sims being promised as teens.

To work around ask the other to be just friends then build up romance again.

I really wish these two bugs gets fixed soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 341 of 415 (1,232 Views)

Re: Propose greyed out or propose option missing

★★ Guide
You and me both 😉
Message 342 of 415 (1,230 Views)

Re: Sims cant get married!

★★★★ Novice

I had this trouble and it was maddening.  I tried everything from moving them to destroying all relationships, very time consuming and frustrating.  When I was about to give up I went back to basics and it worked!!!!  Try clearing your sim cache.  Everything works fine now, no more "in your employ" no more grayed out areas.  Smooth, for now.  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

Message 343 of 415 (1,216 Views)

Re: Sims cant get married!

Hero

Hi @Spoyld

I merged your thread to the correct thread. The other was a bit old and probably mod related at the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 344 of 415 (1,207 Views)

Marriage is broken

★ Novice

My sims were succesfully betrothed and proceeded to the wedding in the park. There is that wedding arch, everything, but when I'm choosing the option "marry to..." nothing happens and the action gets cancelled almost immediately. If the bride tries to choose to marry the groom, it shows that you cannot marry sim in your employ which is odd as both sims were made by me and were never working for each other. They are now stuck in the middle of the ceremony, cant get back, and both are dirty and stinky by now, embarassed beyond belief and ruining that day for them.

Is there any way to fix this buggy, buggy game?

Message 345 of 415 (1,078 Views)

Re: Marriage is broken

★★ Guide
Try this. Break them up using the "just friends" social, then move one out of the house. Rebuild the romance bar and you'll be able to propose and get married. If having a wedding doesn't work, use the "elope" option then party later.
Message 346 of 415 (1,068 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★★ Newbie

i found the solution .................. u need to hangout your gf to your house before "planning wedding event"

Message 347 of 415 (1,026 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★ Guide
Hey, whatever works 😊
Message 348 of 415 (1,019 Views)

Re: Marriage is broken

Champion (Retired)

@DrEStranglove

See my explanation at the top of page 35.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 349 of 415 (1,013 Views)

Re: Sims 4; Sim can't propose

★★★ Newbie

exact same

@QueenofKale wrote:

The proposal option is not coming up for one of my sims. However, her and her boyfriend have 100 romance and 100 friendship. They are promised to one another and I do not know if that effects anything.

Message 350 of 415 (970 Views)