[ARCHIVED] Sims cannot propose

by DouglasButcher

Original Post

Can't marry Sims

★★★ Novice

One of my Sims can't propose to her boyfriend. They were promised to each other as teens, and both the friendship and romance bars are full.

I moved him in after he became a Young Adult but nothing is working. I even went to the Romance festival to try and get them to marry. Whenever I try, one of the options is 'Ask If Single', BOTH are promised and in a relationship with each other. When I click the wedding arch, it only says, 'Fantasize About Weddings'

Message 231 of 415 (449 Views)

Re: Can't marry Sims

★★★★ Pro

Currently, when Sims are promised to each other as teens, they can't propose when they become young adults.

A work around is to have one ask the other 'to just be friends'. This will only affect their romance, and not their friendship.

You then need to build their romance back up, either in game or by using the relationship cheat. Once you've done that, have one ask the other to be boyfriend/ girlfriend again and then the option to propose shound come up.

Good luck!

Jennifer

Message 232 of 415 (434 Views)

Marriage

★★★ Novice
Can't find the options to elope nor engage my sims. How do I fix this?
Message 233 of 415 (439 Views)

Re: Marriage

Have you been able before? Are you Sims the right age?

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 234 of 415 (430 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Phantomlover1717 and @ccasseu

This is a well known bug. There is a long thread about it in the bugs forum with workarounds for the two different things that causes it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 235 of 415 (411 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi, Do they have a way to fix it ?
Message 236 of 415 (405 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes they are young adults yes I've done it many times before. I don't have any mods nor CC. It started after I downloaded the latest patch.
Message 237 of 415 (404 Views)

@ccasseu I've merged your post with an existing post about this issue.

@jpkarlsen yes, I know, I was making sure it wasn't something else before I merged the post to this post. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 238 of 415 (395 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem I tried to marry them at the Romance Festival too and it didn't work
Message 239 of 415 (379 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you I'll try that!
Message 240 of 415 (379 Views)