[ARCHIVED] Sims cannot propose

by DouglasButcher

Original Post

Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

★★ Apprentice

By the way, the sims in question are in the California game. It's the 30X30 in Newcrest.

Message 11 of 415 (13,723 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

★★★ Novice

I am having this same issue. It's happened with three different sims now on my game. I even added the NPC sim to my family and made them get a job. Still wouldn't work.

I won't upload my save file because I have mods, but I meticulously make sure my mods are up to date. Since these other two non-mod users are having the issue, it's likely a bug.

Message 12 of 415 (13,715 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just thought of something. The sim that I'm having problems with was impregnated by aliens. I deleted the alien offspring. Would that have done something?

Message 13 of 415 (13,691 Views)

Hero

I doubt it.

Can other Sim get married in your game ? Just that one Sim can't `?

I'll add this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 415 (13,657 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem propose and engage options are missing i was able to do the promise rings when they were teens but after when they turned to young adults i was not able to propose and all started after the patch until this patch i didnt had any problem also i am using few mods but they are not causing this problem

Message 15 of 415 (13,631 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I went and tested this. Other sims can get married. I married Cassandra Goth to Ulrike Frost. No problems. Must be the one household.

Message 16 of 415 (13,618 Views)

★ Guide

I tested with fresh save i still have problem maybe it is because i am using the same family that i have in the gallery i will test again after creating new family

Message 17 of 415 (13,595 Views)

★ Guide

its really weird so i tested with new created family without using any from the gallery and i was able to propose

Message 18 of 415 (13,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie
After you propose can you get married cause I can't marry the downloaded sim either but he proposed just fine.
Message 19 of 415 (13,578 Views)

★ Guide

Yes after the proposal they married without any problem

Message 20 of 415 (13,567 Views)