Original Post

Re: Sims 4 - Unable to Propose

Hero

Hi @CornCornCob

merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 181 of 415 (387 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just had my Triplets getting married. All unable to propose. Fixed by choosing Just be friends and then cheat their Romance level back to 100.

All were promised as teenagers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 182 of 415 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey. 

Just wanted to mention I've had the same problem in my game - option to propose was grey, saying it was innapropriate to ask someone to marry if they were your employee. 

Strangely enough, this happened only when my sim became a master vampire, so I thought it was the issue.

Tried both fixes presented in this thread.

resetting their relationship to frienship and back to romance again didn't work, however breaking up with my sim bazillon boyfriends did make the option to propose reappear as normal.

So yeah, thanks! I guess that works.

Edit: 

After a few tries, I realized that the option would reappear when I broke up with one specific sim. 

Buggy sim maybe?

Message 183 of 415 (370 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There are two different things in this thread.

One where the option to propose is greyed out and one where it is missing.

It appears to me that the cases where Propose is greyed out one or both Sims have boyfriends they need to break up with. Nothing new in that but the error message is wrong saying that you can't marry someone in your employ where it should have said that they were engaged.

The issue where it is missing may be linked to them being promised as teens.

I plan to test that with my current twin toddlers where I will let one be promised as teen the other not be promised but have a romantic interest.

Then I will see if only one of them are unable to propose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 184 of 415 (354 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the problem where the option would be grayed out saying that it was inappropriate to marry someone in your employ. This was happening with the "Propose" option. What was odd was sometimes it would be grayed out and sometimes it wouldn't.

Message 185 of 415 (340 Views)

Re: Relationships

★ Novice

Hi I had this problem aswell but what I did was made the sim who was proposing quit their job and now they can get married! Hope this helps

Message 186 of 415 (326 Views)

Re: Relationships

Hero

What job did your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 187 of 415 (316 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

★★ Novice

After hiring a butler and then firing her, I no longer have the option to propose to people. The game thinks everybody is in the employ of my main sim and I can't see a way to fix this. He hired the butler but someone else fired her - could that be the problem?

Message 188 of 415 (294 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Does the Sim who can't propose have multiple open relationships?  There does seem to be a different issue where the option to propose (or get married if already engaged) is greyed out and the message is given that the Sim can't marry someone in their employ and the cause seems to be multiple open relationships. If that is the case you need to ask the other Sims who you don't want to marry 'to just be friends' and the option to propose should open up. You may not even have to break off all your relationships.

This may not be your problem, but I thought I would mention it just in case it is.  

Message 189 of 415 (287 Views)

★★ Novice

ohhhh yes that must be the issue. because of the message i assumed it had to do with the butler. thank you!

Message 190 of 415 (269 Views)