Thank you. I promise to look harder next time Standard smile

Message 11 of 61 (2,442 Views)

Re: issues with swimming

Hero

I still have such a back log to add ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 61 (2,438 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims can't swim laps

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with swimming and it's very upsetting 'cause I just built a lovely pool and I can't use it ! Sims get in the water and right back out and the action disappears. It happens on all the lots and with all my sims.

I don't know what to do, I already battled with another glitch with my sims resetting (and making a "t" with their arms) every time they would eat in groups, I had to delete the whole game and reinstall it. I can't be  asked anymore.

If you have a solution please let me know.

Message 13 of 61 (2,388 Views)

Hero

I currently don't have a solution for you but reinstalling will not help with either of the issues you're seeing

There might be a mod out there that already solves the issue but I'm not really up-to-date with that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 61 (2,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I've 'Me too'd this. I think it's been happening since the toddler update as it was working before. My sims also no longer sit down to eat food, watch TV or play video games. They have to be directed to sit. I really wish they'd stop making things worse when they add new things XD;
Message 15 of 61 (2,368 Views)

Re: issues with swimming

★★ Apprentice

@reboot2019 wrote:

'Swim Laps' doesn't seem to be working, the Sim splashes around then the action cancels out.

When I clicked down the pool and selected 'Swim Here' the Sim got out walked to a spot near where I clicked, jumped in, splashed about a bit then stopped moving. 

I tried a couple of the household Sims, none of them swim any more Frown

I saw this walk around the pool instead of swim behavior as well. The sim would not do any laps at all, no matter what. Fresh save.

Message 16 of 61 (2,363 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeeees same here ! I have to tell them to sit, except when someone else is sitting at a table or eating somewhere in which case they join that person. It's so weird ! 

it's true that every update seems to open the door to a gigantic wave of bugs ! But at the same time, I can't help but be excited about toddlers ! I was seriously considering switching back to the sims 3

Message 17 of 61 (2,353 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah! I've been having the swimming laps problem since I got the toddlers update. It's really annoying because swimming is my sims sport.

Message 18 of 61 (2,325 Views)

★★ Novice

So I tried deleting the sim via household manager. It's been over 24 hours sim time and he hasn't shown up again!

Message 19 of 61 (2,312 Views)

Hero

If you delete him, he's gone.

@LGB1103

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 61 (2,303 Views)