Re: Teenager glitching into toddler

by RedMaven

Original Post

Re: Toddler teen walk glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, @SimQARobo. Unfortunately, no, I don't. However, I could make another sim with the same symptom by using the cheat code. He showed that "Run Run Run" moodlet and the toddler walking. The moodlet constantly came up even after it once vanished.

Message 41 of 131 (4,935 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, how can I send it?

Message 42 of 131 (4,881 Views)

Hero

You can follow these instructions: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 131 (4,875 Views)

★★★ Novice

I noticed this with my sim's daughter. The mother lived in a different household.  I did not get a chance to play the other family before she came for a visit my male sim. Instead, I added her to a club, so that she visited fairly frequently.  I didn't notice her having a funny walk at that time.  She eventually changed to teen. 

I also made a later change to my "father" sim's lot, to put in "bracing breezes" lot trait, for my sim's workout club.  

It was shortly after that, when she arrived for a club gathering and I saw her crawling up and down the stairs like a toddler, and sinking into the floor with every other step. I tried to edit her in cas.fulleditmode but the behavior continued.  

I am going to try to take the "bracing breezes" off of my sim's lot and see if that'll cut down on the energized moodlet. It's awfully creepy to see them moving around with their arms and legs all bent up like that. 

Message 44 of 131 (4,815 Views)

Sim walks like toddler and has moodlet of a toddler

★★ Novice

I've recently downloaded parenthood and have noticed a few strange things. I have two sims that I've aged up using birthday candles on a cake, one sim acts normal for his life stage, but the other does not. He walks on his knees and climbs stairs as if he is a toddler, which distorts his body and he keeps getting the energetic moodlet that is connected with the toddler trait wild. These two sims were aged up in the same way and only one is doing this.

Message 45 of 131 (4,786 Views)

Re: Sim walks like toddler and has moodlet of a toddler

Hero

Hi @Eclipse_030

merged your thread with existing report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 131 (4,771 Views)

Re: Sim walks on knees (video)

★★ Novice

can i upload my save because i'm having the same issue with my teen son?

@crinrict wrote:

Did you create this Sim as an adult or age up from toddler ? Looks like he walks as if he was still a toddler (especially on that stairs video)

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 47 of 131 (4,744 Views)

Hero

Hi @abiida19

there's no further saves needed for this issue.

Thanks for the offer though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 131 (4,737 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm fairly sure this glitch comes from the sim haveing the "wild" trait as a toddler. Only the sims that had this trait have glitched in my game, no one else.

For example, I had the pancakes have a child named Sheena, and she had the wild trait. When Sheena became a teen, she kept glitching in and out of the floor.

I had another toddler, this time with a different household, named Catalina. She had the wild trait, and is now a young adult with the same glitch. Her child has the wild trait currently, but I'm going to change it as I'm pretty sure the wild trait is causing this.

My only advice is to not use the wild trait, I don't have any clue how to fix this and it's very annoying, and yes, I have tried all the fixes people have mentioned. I hope this helps you out!
Message 49 of 131 (4,609 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sublimejen

usually traveling should fix the bug for good

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 131 (4,600 Views)