[OPEN] Same quality not always grouped together for bait/fertilizer

by Perturbee

Original Post

[OPEN] Same quality not always grouped together for bait/fertilizer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Edited to reflect the bug part first.

[BUG]

During the finishing of the Growfruit challenge it became apparent that the window used for showing Fertilizer/Bait and now Perfect Growfruits doesn't group identical qualities together. (See screenshot)

Furthermore there is an inconsistency in value for identical qualities, which causes this splitting behaviour in the listing.

Expected behaviour is to show at least the same qualities grouped together, as value/price isn't a relevant factor for handing Perfect Growfruits to Jasmine, nor does it matter when choosing a fertilizer or bait.

These possible value related bug observations were made by @crinrict

[TO ADD]

I have searched and searched, but nowhere do I see a feature request to fix this horribly bad implemented option.

When fertilizing plants/trees or fishing with bait we're presented with a non-sorted, split up, horribly long list of fertilizer/bait options (based on our inventory) which is frankly too crappy to find that one fish or bait I'm after.

Please make the items which can be used as fertilizer/bait stackable like inventory and/or sortable (by name).

Edit: I finally got screenshots of Perfect Growfruits of the same price split up. (2016-04-20_Perfect_Growfruits.png). Strangely enough the prices are different from when looking in inventory stack.

Message 1 of 11 (927 Views)

Collapsable/Sortable Fertilizers/Bait

[ Edited ]

At The Answers HQ we only can help you with problems surrounding your games.
You can leave all your thoughts, ideas, suggestions or even complaints about The Sims at the official 'The Sims' forum.
To post these thoughts, ideas, suggestions or complaints please post on 'The Sims 4 Ideas corner' or the 'The Sims 4 feedback'. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Not being able to find (or having to take an insane amount of time) for the fertilizer/bait you're after is in my opinion a failure. (And yes, I know you can't really help in this case, but it needs attention too).

Since this is still not addressed despite people bringing this up on the forums (since the release), I thought to bring it up here instead in the hopes this oversight will be addressed.

Besides, the listing IS having a bug. This can be seen during the Growfruit Challenge when the "Perfect Growfruits" are split up (as seen in the attached picture).

Message 3 of 11 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Perturbee 

When this occurs for you, is each instance of items shown a different quality? 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi

No, the shown Growfruits in the screenshot (for handing them to Jasmine) were both Perfect, which made it a perfect example of what goes wrong. All the other qualities my Sim had in her inventory were filtered out in that window.

And I have seen this happening (multiple groupings of same quality of identical items) with Fertilizers/Baits as well, but tat's harder to show.

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@Perturbee 

When this occurs for you, is each instance of items shown a different quality? 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 11 (856 Views)

Re: Collapsable/Sortable Fertilizers/Bait

EA Staff

@Perturbee That does sound like a bug to me! I'll see what we can do have this looked at Standard smile

No promises on when or if this will get looked at though by the studio, sorry.

Also moved this to Bug Reports forum!

Message 6 of 11 (840 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi

Thanks for moving. I wasn't really sure of it being a bug, as it didn't really stand out until I had my perfect Growfruits ready for Jasmine.

Message 7 of 11 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks @EA_Kristi

I think there's two components to this: The horrible way it's done which is by design as said but same quality should be group together (at least if they are the same price.

I checked my own game and I have 5 perfect lemons.

2 have a value of 233, 3 of 219. The two that are 233 are grouped together, the ones that are 219 are all single lemons. So I basically have the lemons 4 times, one in a bundle of 2, the other 1 each. This part does sound a lot like a bug.

I will be adding this on the next round but not for the feature request and the horrible sorting but only for the second part. The sorting would be a feature that should be requested at the official forum as @Phantomlover1717 has posted.

@Perturbee Could you please add the actual bug part to your first post and maybe adjust the title to reflect the bug. It's ok if you leave the featue request part in but this should be mainly about the bug part. Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (830 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Done, I hope it's clear enough.

Message 9 of 11 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Perfect. Thank you.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (810 Views)