by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make your Sim do an action like putting away food. If they see a chair they will end up using it first. This is how it looks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPIn3L0CXWE
What happens when the bug occurs? You ask the Sims to put something away, or do something, Sim gets tired while doing it and sits down, gets back up and does what was asked.
What do you expect to see? A less lazy Sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims are such weirdos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPIn3L0CXWE

The whole video is weird. The mother is done with baking cookies, while I send the daughter to the fridge with a plate of bread. The mother takes the cookies outside instead of putting it on the counter. 
Then I tell the daughter to put away the cookies that are standing outside. She goes, takes the cookies, sits down, gets up, puts the cookies away. 
My Sims do that more often, sitting down to go put something in the fridge. Why?
Could not found something about this yet. Was it already mentioned? 

They do this with the sofa, the normal table, the outdoor table, old house with the bar stools..... Sometimes they don't do it, sometimes they do.

LOL! She just did the same, took the food, went indoors to sit on the sofa, got up walked back to the fridge to put away the food. 

EDIT (Crin)

Other interaction this has been seen on

1. Clean up Books
  2. Playing instruments
  3. Clean up drinks
  4. Changing Music channel (not 100% sure)

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 119 (18,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

We were able to reproduce the issue where sim sits before drinking water.

We were not able to reproduce the issue for the following scenarios:

1. Putting food away in the fridge
2. Playing instruments
3. Clean up drinks & dirty dishes
4. Changing music channel
5. Putting away books back to the bookshelf

Is this issue still occurring for the above scenarios (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 117 of 119 (6,587 Views)

All Replies

Re: Put away a plate > sits down, stands up, goes to fridge. Sims puts food o

Hero

Did you try moving the family out and back in to see if it keeps happening ? Maybe moving them somewhere else to find out if it's an issue caused by the house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 119 (18,633 Views)

It happens every time, every house. They moved 3 times now. You never seen it?? :womansurprised:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 119 (18,628 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue since the last patch.  When I use the 'Put Away' interaction, the sim will pick up the food item, then sit down in a chair, then stand up and put the food item in the fridge.

Not sure if it's related, but when I use the 'clean up' on the dish in front of a seated sim, they pick up the dish, set it down, then stand up and cancel the 'clean up' interaction.  If I do the interaction again with them standing, they do it just fine.  I haven't noticed this in quite a while.  It used to happen (particularly with sitting at a kitchen bar rather than a table) a while back but I think it was a fixed bug.  Maybe it's back.

Message 4 of 119 (18,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I do see the not being able to clean up from sitting but never seen them do that weird behavior you describe.

I have one house now where they won't clean dishes at all but another is totally fine.

Not sure what's going on

Since when hast this been happening to you @Phantomlover1717

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 119 (18,601 Views)

I don't really know. 
First time I noticed them doing it was around the times GTW came out I guess. 
Not sure do. I know I noticed it for the first time around the time when my Sim was spongebobing the cookies to clean the counter. 
This one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Baking-dish-bug/m-p/4500723#M12142

But also I've never had the goal to make my Sim a chef yet. I moved house again, so I can check if it still happens.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 119 (18,598 Views)

Hero

Added to patch issues then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 119 (18,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have exactly the same bug. Sims find a near place to sit down and then go back to fridge. Moreover, my bathroom is near the kitchen, so sometimes sims go to the bath, get naked with a dish at hand, the water appears in the bath and after that the sim goes to the fridge.  Here is an example . This apparently started to happen after the last patch.

Message 8 of 119 (18,519 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem! Only it has to do with cleaning the dishes.

See the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLT5sDswRI

Message 9 of 119 (18,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Deckete wrote:

I have the same problem! Only it has to do with cleaning the dishes.

See the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLT5sDswRI

That bug was present since the beginning. Exactly the same counter placement as in your video. That endless sitting down bug happens only in this lot, where counters have rounded corners. If you remove rounded corners or change the counter placement the bug disappears. Personally, I spent a lot of time to redesign the layout until it was fixed. Almost forgot it Wink. Probably, I changed one counter type to other (different mesh, yes!). But ... the bug we talk here was not present before. Could be related?

Message 10 of 119 (18,489 Views)