[FIXED] Rejoining a Branched Career

by mmsbludhound

Original Post

No career rewards and Surnames

★★★★★ Guide

There were already some issues with career rewards, but I couldn't find this specific one - when reaching level 7 you can choose the specialization of your sim (one of two). You can then quite this job, work or not somewhere else and then begin to work the first job again. It offers you level 7 from the start now, but in fact it is counting from "1" again. That means you will NEVER reach level 10 and will never get career rewards.

Also, the dread female surname bug is STILL not fixed??? Some strong feminism right here...

Message 21 of 47 (1,901 Views)

Re: Rejoining a Branched Career

Hero

@rostsit Merged your thread

As for the name change. That is NOT a bug but by Design. It's up to them to decide if they want to change it. Make yourself heard in the Feedback forum over at the official Sims forum if you want to have it changed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 47 (1,895 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Message 23 of 47 (1,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've forwarded and was told it's not a bug. Not much more I can do. I'm pretty sure that they are aware that people are NOT happy with it but it's up to Maxis to change. 

You're also welcome to add your voice to this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Why-doesn-t-the-option-to-change-surname-come-up-whe...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 47 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I'm having similar issues with my sim.  I have the same rejoining a branched career issue, but also my sim is currently a safe cracker and her daily task is the upgrade objects.  I've upgraded objects in my sims house and also on public lots but the status of the daily tasks stays at "not started yet".   

Message 25 of 47 (1,816 Views)

Hero

Doesn't sound related. Just open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 47 (1,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I believe the actual bug to be fixed

You can't change branch which is by design but after rejoining, my Sim rejoined at level 9.

I then quit and rejoined a few times which put him to level 5 but still in the branch. Now working my way back up to see if I can get back to 10.

So any feedback welcome.

EDIT: After trying to level back up, I found that it should all be ok if you quit at level 8 and up or before you branch. If you quit at level 7, you'll still have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 47 (1,558 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's normal that when you quit a career and rejoin, you lose some levels.  But what's happening is that when we rejoin a career we have maxed, we come back in to the career at level 1 but it says we're at the level where the career branches.  For example, as a secret agent on the Villain track, I rejoined and was level 1 Villain, then level 2 [Redacted], which is supposed to be level 8.  I could not pass level 4 as that put me at Triple Agent, the top of the Villain career track.

Message 28 of 47 (1,548 Views)

Hero
After Dec 4th patch? Cause that's not how it was for me. Quit at level 10 and rejoined at 9. only level 7 was an actual issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 47 (1,545 Views)

Hero

I'm leaving this open for now as it's not completely fixed. There's still scenarios that are an issue.

It does partly work for me but I've not had any other feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 47 (1,528 Views)