[ARCHIVED] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

by rostsit

Original Post

[TO TEST] [GTW] DETECTIVE DONT FIND THE SUSPECT

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm playing the detective career and afte find all the clues, my sims can't find the suspect. All the time that I trie to rest a sims who have all the caracteristics is not the right sims. I think it is a bug because I never find the correct one.

Message 31 of 166 (3,625 Views)

Re: THE SIMS 4 GET TO WORK DETECTIVE DONT FIND THE SUSPECT

Hero

Does anyone still get this ?

@jessicafirmino @rostsit @moznoz @crysonna @sreyesillanes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 166 (3,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

thank you for mention it and sorry for doesn't report.

I haven't this glitch after GT.  keep playing and when something is found, I'll report back again.

Message 33 of 166 (3,577 Views)

Hero

Experience I had the other day:

I had troubles finding the suspect on the lot and just went back to try again the next day. BIG mistake. I checked my household manager to see if there was a Sim that would fit the description and there was. So I knew what to look out for the next day .. problem was that the next day, the suspect was culled. It tried several days and never got anyone remotely like the suspect. So, I guess, if you don't get them right away, the can get culled as well.

So, we have several issues here, one of which was fixed but there's still others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 166 (3,539 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict , I hope you were able to get a new case and the issue didn't completely bork your game.  I haven't had that happen, thank goodness.

I will relate an incident I had a couple of weeks ago.  My detective arrested the only suspect that fit the clues for an APB.  Much to my surprise, when she was questioned it said she was innocent.  Because the work day was almost over I had the sim look again the next day.  Once again, the only sim in the area that fit the clues was the exact same sim that was arrested and freed the day before.  I went ahead and had the detective arrest her again and this time she was guilty!?  Now what sense does that make?

Message 35 of 166 (3,528 Views)

Hero

Whatever happened to: You can't be charged with the same crime twice Wink

That's funny but maybe the game just makes them randomly innocent and then the next day, the same Sim was just spawned with being the guilty party. I mean, the more clues you have, the less Sims fit the description.

As for my game, I decided my Sim wasn't cut out to be a detective and he's in the Sports career now. There is a way to get a new case with cheats but it was not worth going to through all the hassle.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 166 (3,522 Views)

★ Pro

LOL, a career change is definitely one way to handle the culled suspect problem.

Is a cheat the only way to get a new case, or could quitting and rejoining the career work, like those of us with scientists had to recently do because of the broken Chemistry machine?  Just curious if you know off the top of your head.  Don't go having your sim quit his new, spiffy Sports career if you don't.  I can check if I run into the issue down the road.

I concur with the randomly innocent thought.  This was the first time I've ever had a suspect be innocent and since she was guilty the next day, I obviously had the right sim, lol. 

Message 37 of 166 (3,510 Views)

Hero

I think you get the same case if you rejoin but I'm unsure It's not really that big a deal as I only joined to test out some bugs :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 166 (3,506 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am currently playing the detective career for the first time. I had my clues: Male, YA, Short sleeve shirt, hot-headed, red hair, shorts. I saw this man with the exact description BUT he was an adult. I play this game in rotation so I started this case and rotated back about 21 Sim days later. I am rotating 4 families for 7 days each. I have aging on for active families and aging on for non-played. BIG mistake because I think what happened is this guy aged during one of my other rotations. 

I recently discovered that in order for the townies to age with my families I need to only let them age with the first family then turn off aging for townies so they will stay the same age as my Sims. Since I have never played in rotation this did not occur to me. 

So, that case was borked as I looked all through Manage Worlds and the guy simply did not exist as a YA anymore. So, I quit the job, got the job back and was behind one level so I used the cheat to get back to where I was and now I have a new case. The old one is gone.

I am following these steps to solve it :

Get case, start map, go to crime scene- get ALL clues- talk to everyone- all pictures taken. Examine all evidence. analyze all samples, use computer to cross reference everything- get clues, build map and issue APB after getting at least 6 clues. I will see if this works.

I am using MC Command Center and I do have one that changes some of the hair of children to be the same as the adults so kids can have blue hair etc. but that shouldn't affect what color their hair is when YA. Or it shouldn't, should it? Maybe I should take that out? 

The only other one I have is Shrimrods Genetic mod. That shouldn't change anything either. 

Message 39 of 166 (3,478 Views)

Hero

I would drop the case and try a new one. If you don't solve it in  a few days circle, they get borked in my experience. Either through aging or culling.

Here's instructions: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/

It's specific with police chef but it should work in your case too.

If it doesn't, could you please upload your save game somewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 166 (3,466 Views)