Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Ghostly Repair missing for some items

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to the date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a ghost sim, it should have Instant repair ability. Than check his Ghostly repair ability on broken stuff, especially kitchen SINKS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Ghostly repair option is not present.
What do you expect to see? The Ghostly repair option is present in all cases.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Though maybe connected with the latest patches rather than with GT itself, currently Ghostly Repair option has completely disappeared from my game.

EDIT (2018-03-26): the Ghostly repair is (at least) partially working, except for Kitchen sink - never present on those.

Message 1 of 19 (1,391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ghostly Repair

EA Sims Team

Hello @rostsit

By design, ghosts are not allowed to possess countertop sinks.  So Ghostly Repair is also disallowed.  They should be able to possess standalone sinks, although we are aware that there is an issue with the standalone sink that comes with Outdoor Retreat.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 18 of 19 (1,187 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Yeah, the EP tags are only for features directly connected to the EP/GP/SP

Is it all items it doesn't appear anymore or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (1,343 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've checked electronics and plumbing systems, not sure if there are more categories that could be repaired with Ghostly Repair.

Message 3 of 19 (1,333 Views)

Hero

I don't think it's supposed to be on electronics (according to Carl's Guide).

Did you have it on electronics before ? Are those items you had it before (cause it's not appearing on everything) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,327 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You see, my Ghost character has Instant Repair ability, so I can't guarantee he could do Ghostly Repair with electronics before. Now as you said it, maybe he really couldn't and used Instant Repair instead.

As for everything else - yes, those are all old items which I could repair before.

Message 5 of 19 (1,323 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've checked another ghost - it doesn't have Instant Repair ability, and Ghostly Repair is there, it works! Maybe somehow the conflict was created between these abilities, Instant Repair disabling Ghostly Repair if present...

Message 7 of 19 (1,298 Views)

★★ Guide

This has happened to only one of my sims, he became a ghost after a failed wish.

Is it a bug or is he not a "real ghost" with this ability?

Message 8 of 19 (1,281 Views)

Hero

I don't know if they can be counted as real ghost as they don't have a tombstone/urn (at least in my case) but I would think they should have the same abilities.

Don't really know if it's still an issue as there's not enough reports for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (1,276 Views)

★★ Guide

I usually complain on twitter, rarely on the Sims Forum and just learned about this forum today.

Doubt I'm the only one like this Cat

Message 10 of 19 (1,271 Views)