[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Every morning at 8am when my children and teenagers should be going to school, my game messes up. It's difficult to explain, but all of my Sims will completely freeze (no matter what they're doing) while time still goes on. Time will then continue to go on even if I try to pause it (and even if I try to go onto a menu or onto build mode). It's always at 8am when they should be going to school, Monday-Friday without fail. The only way around it is to keep exiting and going back into the game when it gets to that time, but sometimes I will have to exit multiple times in the same Sim day, which is very frustrating.

I play on Mac, and hitting that 'Repair' button on Origin does not solve the issue. 

Message 12 of 216 (19,521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

Hero

Going to lock this now. Only seen positive feedback on it.

If anyone still has the issue, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 216 of 216 (9,232 Views)

All Replies

Sims won't go to school, get stuck

★★ Novice

Since the recent toddler update my game seems to just stop when it's time for the kids to go to grade school, the clock at the bottom keeps going though it's like all my sims are just stuck. If I exit to main menu and go back into the game, however, the kids will be at school. Is it just my game doing this or are other people having the same problem?

Message 1 of 216 (18,900 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

Hero

Hi @TaylsA7X

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 216 (18,886 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, no mods at all.

Message 3 of 216 (18,883 Views)

Hero

Could you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 216 (18,877 Views)

[TROUBLESHOOT] Childre & Teens will not go to school

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, let me get this out of the way so no one tells me to do it, I have removed all cc and mods from the game. That being said, when I play on my game, my sims both child & teen will not go to school unless they had never passed through the toddler stage (which is impossible if they are born into the family). When it's time for school, the game will freeze up, time will keep going, but my sims will not move, even the adults, they just freeze in whatever action they were doing before. I save and exit, come back and 3 out of 5 will have gone on to school. The rest are still frozen. So I save again. All go to school, game plays as normal, until time for school again. Doing this worked twice, but not since. Now it just loads up and they are frozen. It is upsetting, because I just wanna play with my sims. I don't want to play and then not be able to continue because it freezes when it's time for school, I mean, I get it, I never wanted to go to school either, but this is just ridiculous. Again, I have removed all cc and mods from the game. So if anyone has had this problem and fixed it, or just knows how to fix it, I would really appreciate it. 

Message 5 of 216 (19,389 Views)

Re: My sims (child & teen) will not go to school

[ Edited ]
Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name. 

EDIT: Also do you have any exception files you could share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 216 (19,381 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont have them anymore, they got lost when I tried to repair game.

Message 7 of 216 (19,369 Views)

Hero

And it doesn't happen anymore in a new game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 216 (19,363 Views)

Hero

I've tried this on my own game and I don't have any issues so I would need a save with the issue to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 216 (19,355 Views)