Re: About the maid

by graceymanors

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I have both issues mentioned in this thread, and to the second one about throwing food that was just made: I was told to just drag the food to the fridge before the maid comes, but I feel like that's a workaround. Not a solution. It seems to me that it would be just as feasible for the game itself to be coded in such a way that the maid is only triggered to throw away food if the food's timer is on Spoiled. Or however that works. 

Message 11 of 24 (1,322 Views)

maid shows up in restaurant (dine out)

★★★★★ Novice

there's another open post about maid showing in get to work, i dont know if i need to start a new question for this.  so my maid shows in my restaurant and start taking away plates from tables even if it is not finished. so i need to dismiss her every time Frown

Message 12 of 24 (1,321 Views)

Re: maid shows up in restaurant (dine out)

Hero

Hi @iambulletproof83

it's the same issue as them showing up on retail.

Merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (1,306 Views)

the nanny doesn't stay at the home lot

★★ Guide

...when the adult Sims travel away from it. 

I have a household with two adults and one child Sim that own a couple of retail businesses. Usually I travel to their businesses with one or other of the adult Sims and leave the kid at home with the other parent, but I thought I'd try something different with the new nanny service. So I had them hire a nanny, he arrived soon after and introduced himself. The kid seemed to like him and was having fun so the two adults travelled to their bakery business. For a while I forgot about the kid at home until there was a knock on the shop door and the nanny introduced himself! 

I was baffled, but as there are still unresolved bugs with the bakery venues I didn't really take much notice. The nanny kept wandering around cleaning up dirty dishes though it became irritating when he kept saying stuff like it had been a long time since they'd met, or something like that because it hadn't - but I've long since given up questioning Sim logic!

Eventually playing the bakery became too much like hard work so I closed it, all the customers left but the nanny stayed hanging around. Then I had the two adult Sims travel back to the home lot and the nanny was there, he said the same "it's been a long time since we've met" which again wasn't true, and then there was a notification that his time was up and he left. 

I've played a different household where they called in a nanny and none of the adults travelled away and I like the way the nanny interacts with the family as a whole, I also like the way they can be paid for the time they've spent with the family, or that you can have them for the full 24 hours. But, what I didn't like (and it's probably a different issue) was that the first thing they did upon entering the house was spray anti-monster deterrent under all the kids' beds. In my game I've never seen the monster under the bed, I don't have any of the wall lights that prevent the monster, and every morning the kids wake in a state of panic. I've even seen the kids talking to their beds, presumably to the invisible monster lurking somewhere beneath. I am sure it's by design as the nanny's job is to care and protect but it still bugged me, I think it would have been so much better if the kids were able to ask adult Sims (nanny too) to spray for them, or leave well alone for the sake of fun gameplay. 

Message 14 of 24 (1,318 Views)

Re: the nanny doesn't stay at the home lot

Hero

Sounds like the same issue all the other NPCs have: They show up at the retail/restaurant lots.

For the spray monsters I would post in the feedback forum at the officials.

Probably going to merge this with the other issue as it sounds the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 24 (1,307 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [DO] Serivce NPC appearing at business venue

★★ Apprentice

My maid comes to my restaurant and puts away all my customers food. its a pain.

Message 16 of 24 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm now having this issue myself, I was using mods, but I had reinstalled my game last night because I was having a lot of issues and decided just to start completely free.

I bought a retail shop and now my maid is showing up at the shop instead of my house.I use the maid only because my home is so big I can't keep track of dirty areas.

Message 17 of 24 (1,194 Views)

★ Apprentice

my maids show up and now nannies show up when I go to my restaurant even if they are not suppose to work at my house and it's not their shift. They shouldn't be anywhere near me. help!!!

Message 18 of 24 (1,133 Views)

Take your butler to work day

★ Novice

My Sim has a retail shop in Magnolia Boulevard, and every time he goes there his butler goes with him. Is this normal behaviour for a butler, or is mine a bit of an oddball?

Message 19 of 24 (1,128 Views)

Re: Take your butler to work day

Hero

Hi @djs1568

it's a bug that occurs for all ServiceNPCs

I've merged your post with exiting bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (1,108 Views)