[FIXED] Excessive Mourning

by njkiehn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Excessive Mourning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After a long and prosperous life, my dear Sim passed away, leaving behind a large and loving family and a great legacy. As a testament to his many accomplishments, I constructed a small shrine to him on the family estate featuring his tombstone, some flowers, and a portrait. I was touched, of course, as family members would occasionally gather around his grave to mourn and help themselves through the grieving process. But as great of a man as this Sim was, there comes a time to move on. Days, weeks later family members still compulsively wandered out to the garden to cry over cold bones. Sims would even quit tasks I assigned them to mourn, then skulk around with a sad moodlet for the next few hours! This was two generations ago. Great grandchildren, the moment they become autonomous, will go out to mourn a Sim they have never even met and get all choked up over it. Even house guests will join in on the action! Dinner parties look more like Summonings with so many crowded around the grave. Now I am aware of how emotional Sims can be, but surely there is a better way for them to bide their time. I mean write a book or something... Besides, all that sadness has been affecting work performance. It's about time somebody toughened up and clamped down on this pansy, cry-baby poppycock!

How can I alter autonomous behavior so they will not mourn so much (seriously, it's like *3 times a day*)? I would like to respect the deceased's wishes and keep him buried at his childhood home, but if one more Sim blows off homework to visit ol' grandpappy, I will have to dig another grave beside him.

Message 1 of 9 (4,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Mourning

[ Edited ]
Hero

@njkiehn

This is supposed to be fixed

Anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (4,363 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @njkiehn

I see the same in my game too.

Had to move my tombstone to my inventory as they would never stop.

I'll add this to the bug list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@njkiehn

This is supposed to be fixed

Anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (4,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is still happening to me. it's weird, none of my sims mourn their dead family member but a sim i just married into the family will mourn this guy constantly, he never even met him! he's been dead for two generations!

Message 4 of 9 (4,115 Views)

Hero

What traits does said Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (4,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

evil, genius, and perfectionist.

edit: i seem to have fixed it, i gave the sim a moodlet solver and then i put all the urns that were in reach away for 2 in-game days. i set them back out and he hasn't gone to them.
for reference, i have some cc hair but no mods.

Message 6 of 9 (4,105 Views)

Hero

OK, 

come back if the issue comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (4,100 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Excessive Mourning

★★★★ Novice

Having this issue with one sim in an 8 sim household. the sim is the son-in-law of the dead sim and goes out 3 or more times a day to mourn. the sim in question is male with the traits good, art lover, and bookworm. i just find it more odd that the dead sim's actual children don't even go out to morn at the gravestone ever, not even right after the sim died.

Message 8 of 9 (3,431 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Excessive Mourning

Hero
Could you please create a new thread. This one is very old and doesn't use the template and was fixed at the time.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (3,424 Views)