[FIXED] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

by creamanda

Original Post

Re: Age up glitch in sims 4

★ Apprentice

I had this problem for three days. I couldn't save, change appearance or manage worlds. I finally did testing cheats and CAS.fulleditmode. That worked. 

Message 41 of 207 (3,030 Views)

Aging glitch

★★★ Guide

I already "fixed" this glitch by restarting the game and losing all unsaved progress, but thought it's so massive, that something needs to be done.

By googling "sims 4 aging glitch", I found many other experiencing the same issue from as early as 2014. (thread can be found here on The Sims Forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/784160/cannot-build-travel-etc-after-sim-ages-up? ) I got this glitch yesterday, so obviously it isn't fixed since. So the issue is this:

A sim in my household aged up normally from teen to YA, but during a dinner party (maybe makes a difference, I dunno). Then the game decided to think that there's a sim still aging - can't save, can't move, can't buy/build, can't travel. Basically: can't play the game because of the aging glitch. 

At first I tried to fix it in game by testing cheats -> resetsim (all sims on household one by one). No use.

Then tried to wait for other sim on household to age "naturally". No use.

Then tried to age a sim with birthday cake. No use.

Then tried to age a baby with age up -option. No use.

When I exited the game (couldn't save), the game froze and had to force quit, but after restarting the game all seems to be fine.

I hope this reaches the right people who will find a way to fix it for good, so it wouldn't happen again to me or anyone. 

Sincerely,

addu

Message 42 of 207 (2,960 Views)

Re: Aging glitch

Sounds like this known issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Bug-Sim-traped-on-birthday/td-p/3456569

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 43 of 207 (2,948 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sounds quite the same, except that my sim aged up perfectly fine. The sim wasn't stuck in the aging process in any way (she turned from teen to YA normally). Everything happened in home lot, the only "extraordinary" thing was that there was a prestige event going on. Maybe next time (hopefully there's no next time :/ ) I'll try the hard reset command, maybe it'll make a difference.

Message 44 of 207 (2,940 Views)

@adduapina I moved your post to the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 207 (2,893 Views)

Hero

OK, I merged that thread @Phantomlover1717 pointed out and @adduapina into this one.

It's a bit hard to tell to what point they aged but it's all similar reports and they all have the same bottom line: You can't save as the game thinks the Sims are still aging up.

I'm adding this to the list.

Only known workaround is to go back to an earlier save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 207 (2,879 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

★★★ Novice

My solution to this problem was enabling testingcheats and force them into CAS with shift clicking. Then returning to the game, and I could save and go to build mode again. Hope this works for you!

Message 47 of 207 (2,860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

Hero

Thanks for that solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 207 (2,851 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is this still occurring for anyone? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 49 of 207 (2,757 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, its still happening. But I've noticed that this bug happens when their is a sim close to your lot that is ageing up.

Message 50 of 207 (2,745 Views)