[ARCHIVED] [CL] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

by hpsimgirl

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue regarding vendor tables. There is never anything available for sale, though the vendors appear to "stock" it.

Message 11 of 35 (986 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too am having issues with the flea markets.  Actually I had a lot of trouble with festivals not showing at all.  I got them to finally show and when I went to the flea market I wasn't able to buy anything other than lamps or furniture.  The small item table was empty.  I couldn't haggle with other NPC by trading them a collectible either.  I also never EVER get the free boxes around the town anymore.  I did the first time I played City Living and then a random time after.  Not any more.  I have NO mods or custom things present in my game at all and am super tired of resetting my folders and repairing the game.  With other people having this same problem it's obvious to say it's not my game or my computer.  Someone please help Frown  The Flea Markets and finding boxes are my favorite things in the City next to the other festivals and playing basketball.

Message 12 of 35 (959 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue, in every save game across every computer.

Message 13 of 35 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this bug too. 

Also have noticed that I NEVER have any boxes in the city that contain the snow globes. I am not sure when this bug started. But I am sure that I stopped seeing the boxes before the tables became empty.

I have no mods or custom content in my game.

Message 14 of 35 (916 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just noticed the collectable tables not filling up at the festival, if you place your items on the table from your inventory,  you own the items and the table is your, I am checking to see if it has something to do with hidden objects on the festival lots from not being cleared properly.  I had my sim sale painting on street before the festivals started, and when the festival starts it says your items have been moved to your family inventory so we can make room for the festival, that took all my paintings and stuff and put them in the family inventory.  You still own the items in the inventory but any vender can sale them.

I am going to check and see if I load my family that sales stuff at the gallery see if he can load it up and unload it, to clear the ownership problem.

Message 15 of 35 (859 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I didn't have a flea market since the patch yet, but at least on my private lot the table seems to work again.

Message 16 of 35 (852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue, no items or paintings for sale in any festival Frown 

Message 17 of 35 (822 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I finally had my first flea market after the patch and was able to stock a table with my products (I couldn't drag items into the table inventory before the patch). Unfortunately, then the vendor from the (empty) neighbor table came and took over my table. My Sim was able to fill the vendor's former table and have a normal yard sale afterwards.

Long speech, short sense: The bug isn't entirely fixed.

Message 18 of 35 (804 Views)

Hero

I didn't think it was ? I don't think the patch notes were referring to this at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Exact same issue. Interestingly when I added the NPC vendor to my household his inventory was full of multiple woodworking items which I am assuming he should have been displaying for sale.

*edited to add: no mods and fully updated game.

Message 20 of 35 (797 Views)