[ARCHIVED] [CL] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

by hpsimgirl

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [CL] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have noticed while playing the last few weeks that when my sim is selling items at the flea market, suddenly another Sim will take over the table.  There is no way for my sim to get their objects back (I'm unable to click on the table or any of the items)  and they are not receiving any money for the items that are sold.  I've had the Sim stay at the flea market, until it closed to see if the unsold items would reappear in their inventory but they don't.  Ever since City Living came out, I have had my sims sell items at flea markets and never had this issue until just recently.  At first it happened every couple times but now it's happening each time I try to sell at the flea market.  It was only happening with the tables at first but today it also happened with the wall that you sell paintings on.  This is very frustrating and the only reason why I usually sent my sims to the Flea Market to begin with.  Someone suggested bringing my own table to set up but it wouldn't let me place it there.  Also, I have no mods at all in my game! 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 35 (3,988 Views)

Re: Flea Market Glitch While Selling Items

★★★★ Apprentice

Also me, there is no longer for sale at the other sales tables, only lamps and furniture are sold own images and items are taken over and disappear. I have tried without mods, repairing the game, started new game nothing help.

Message 2 of 35 (3,933 Views)

Flea Market table has no items.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since the pre Parenthood patch the vendor table at the Flea Market does not have any items.  Neither table can be stocked by my Sims.  I have mods and cc, which I have removed, but nothing has changed.

Message 3 of 35 (3,903 Views)

Re: Flea Market table has no items.

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have also noticed this in my game since the Parenthood patch as well - all the times I have visited the Flea Market since the patch, the vendor sim is there, but they aren't stocking the table or selling with it.

I haven't tried having one of my playable sims use the tables yet.

EDIT: Here's a local artist sim standing by a painting vendor wall in the Arts District. In the past, she has sold paintings before, but now she just stands beside it and doesn't stock it with paintings for sale. Even after she left, replacement arty sims also stood beside it not selling anything. This is the painting wall that appears on random days in the neighbourhood in the arts district. It doesn't seem to be just the festival that is affected, but anywhere there's a vendor/sale object.

art.jpg

Message 4 of 35 (3,894 Views)

Re: Flea Market table has no items.

★★★ Novice

You are right!  The other sims that usually use one of the other tables, haven't been doing that and those are the sims that are taking over my table, once I stock it.  I hadn't even thought of that.

Message 5 of 35 (3,881 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

★★★★ Apprentice

I do not know if this is related problem, but my stores run by npc sims sold out product no longer refilled.

Message 6 of 35 (3,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've added this

I'll test the store issue but will probably split your post on this into a new thread.

EDIT: Tested the stores. Have no issues with restocking NPC stores. @Hay_Dk1. Did you do all troubleshooting ? Try a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (3,851 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi and thank you, i did that but it did not help but i dont care that much Standard smile , but i really want that market to run again i use market more than stores.

Message 8 of 35 (3,817 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem in all of my save files. I don't have any mods or cc in my game I tried moving in the sales person and have them stock the table and I have tried resetting the table and sims that did not work either. I accidentally set the table as head and it ended up on my sims head then the sale person tends the tiny table. 

Message 9 of 35 (3,767 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPC Sim takes over festival table/No items for sale

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this issue for the first time today too. (This is a new save from a month back) didn't have issues before.

Message 10 of 35 (3,756 Views)