[FIXED] [CL] Babies spawn in off location in apartments

by Kimathen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Babies spawn in off location in apartments

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I got City Living. My sim gave birth but when she came back home, the crib and the baby were stuck in the space where the elevator is. I can't move it, with or without the move objects cheats since it's out of bounds of the apartment. I've tried "reset object" but it just reappeared at the same spot.

Ultimately, the baby was taken away because I couldn't take care of it. Frown

Please fix this, EA! Think of the babies!

Message 1 of 44 (5,193 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Babies spawn in off location in apartments

Hero

• We have fixed the issue of babies getting stuck in apartments; stuck babies will be unstuck, and babies will hereby no longer get stuck again. We hope… for everyone’s sake.

This has been fixed in Patch 1.24.112

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 44 (5,431 Views)

All Replies

Re: Baby stuck in elevator...

@Kimathen moved to the bug forum. There was a similar issue on the official Sims forum:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903675/city-living-has-just-been-taken-to-a-new-level-poo...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 44 (5,123 Views)

Re: Baby stuck in elevator...

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 44 (5,080 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought the fruitcake landing in that spot was annoying... but a baby??? Um that sucks. I haven't had a baby at the hospital that option is missing from my game for some reason. I downloaded a huge family - with a preggers mom - who upon return to the apartment had the baby miraculously without me even being notified but... the baby is not stuck behind an inaccessible wall... that's the welcome fruitcake's domain. Best of luck - I'm sorry you lost your sim baby. 

Message 4 of 44 (4,843 Views)

Hero

Try moving to another apartment and back

That should solve the issue with the baby

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 44 (4,837 Views)

★ Novice

I moved to another apartment (my twins were previously in mothers bedroom, and accessible). I was expecting the babies to be in the household inventory, but they were dumped out on the street corner instead lol. They're not even accessible from the same position, the Mum has to run around the entire block to get to the second one, which is even more frustrating!

At least I can still access them, but...

I aged them up, and placed new cribs back in the mothers room for the next pregnancy (doing 100 baby challenge atm). When giving birth (twins again) one went in to crib in room, the other back down on the street again lol. 

Have tried bb.moveobjects and also cheat to move objects in workplaces, neither worked. Going to have to move apartments once the current bubs age, which is kind of annoying :/

Hope a fix is found soon! 

Standard smile

Message 6 of 44 (4,788 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened in my game and I had to move apartments so my child wouldn't be taken away.

Message 7 of 44 (4,752 Views)

Crib permanently stuck in apartment hallway

★ Guide

This is my first day playing CL and I feel like I'm running into several issues Frown

At the apartment complex, the neighbor is pregnant. She went to empty the garbage and while she was in the hallway, a crib spontaneously appeared. Now, it's just stuck there Frown

I went into manage worlds and had her and her family move out but the crib remained behind.

How on earth do I remove the crib from the hallway? I've tried clicking on it but, of course, there are no actions.

Please help...

Message 8 of 44 (4,697 Views)

(CL) Moving with a baby

★★ Novice
So I had a family with a newborn baby in the new expansion pack, City Living. I decided to move apartments however once i moved the babys cot spawned outside the new apartment building. If i go onto build mode i cannot select the cot as it is outside of my owned apartment, meaning ive had to grow my child up before I was ready to.
Message 9 of 44 (4,670 Views)

★★ Novice

It happened to me today.

Message 10 of 44 (4,632 Views)