[FIXED] Names vanishing from tombstone

by simonevans1963

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Names vanishing from tombstone

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So far three sims have died on my lot. After a period of time the name on the tombstone disappears replaced by a _____________ to denote the missing name. The epitaph engraved on the stone remains. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Message 1 of 39 (2,459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ghost Sims

Community Manager (retired)

Update: 06/02/2016 – PC Version 1.19.28.1010 / Mac Version 1.19.28.1210
Urns/Tombstones: The name of the Sim associated with an Urn or Tombstone is now stored with that item, so that if the Sim is culled we can still display their name.

This should be fixed now. Previously affected tombstones will not be fixed.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (1,771 Views)

All Replies

Re: Names vanishing from tombstone

★★★ Apprentice

Just as an addition to this, I just realised when this happens the "greyed out" version of the person disappears from other sims friends lists. So my sim's parents died, the same time as their names vanished from the tombstones, they also disappeared from his friend list. I am wondering if this is an actual bug or some purposefully designed aspect of the game. I am also wondering if it is fallout from using aspects of "manage worlds" ... the parents names vanished after I had been bringing some gallery sims into the game via my sim's household ... might be a coincidence.

Message 2 of 39 (2,403 Views)

Hero

Added with an question mark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 39 (2,385 Views)

★ Guide

This is linked to the disappearing sims issue. The dead sims have been purged.

Message 4 of 39 (2,343 Views)

Hero

Yeah. Forgot to update that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (2,332 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue. I updated my game to the 9/25 update right when it was released. Later that night my elderly Sim died. I went into the game today and his name was gone from his tombstone.

Message 6 of 39 (2,327 Views)

Hero

Does he still appear in the relationship panel as dead Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 39 (2,310 Views)

★ Guide

No, he's gone from the relationship panel.

Message 8 of 39 (2,301 Views)

Hero

That explains the missing name then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 39 (2,270 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will this problem be solved? I would like to create a family cemetery to remember their ancestors Sims. Nameless graves become with time.

@crinrict wrote:

That explains the missing name then.

Message 10 of 39 (2,246 Views)