[ARCHIVED] ServiceNPC won't leave

by idahpews

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] ServiceNPC won't leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I ordered a maid, and she came and did her job like she should for a few days. One day she just wouldn't leave, she would just stand outside my house and stare at the mailbox, then come knock on my door. I invited her in, and after some time a message from her about leaving came up, she went outside and stared at the mailbox again. She was stuck on my lot until she aged and became an elder, then after a while she died. When she died, 10 (yes, 10!) other maids came and did the same thing, but this time half of them was standing inside my house, some of them began to use my stuff, and they knocked on the door all the time... Tried to ask them to leave, but they just kept staying.. Had to move away from the house to get away!

Also, my sim won't get any new friends! She needs 8 friends to get an promotion, and I start sociliazing with others, but when she goes to bed or a new day comes it "resets", it goes back to the friends she had from the start, and the new ones disappear.. She is soon going to die, and i'm one promotion away from being a secret spy, just needs the friends I can't get.. 

Message 1 of 158 (10,653 Views)

Re: Maid won't leave

Hero

Added your first issue to the list.

Could you make a new thread for the second. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 158 (10,579 Views)

Maids Don't Just Come In

★ Apprentice

It's extremely annoying that the maids have to be let in now. They'll just stand there outside the door and eventually go away if no one answers the door. I know it's already been mentioned that they just stop showing up so at least when they do show up, COME IN!

Message 3 of 158 (10,541 Views)

Re: Maids Don't Just Come In

★★★★ Novice

That is good to know. I kept coming home and just receiving a notice that the maid cleaned my house, although the house never appeared to have been cleaned (although I might have been wrong) and I never saw the maid. Have not seen a maid in the game so far.

Message 4 of 158 (10,525 Views)

Re: Maids Don't Just Come In

★ Apprentice

If I call for a maid every single day individually they seem to show up. But when I schedule a maid, it's anybody's guess... They might have been there but if I'm not looking at the door I may have missed 'em. I did find a cheat that can turn any sim's character into maid-behavior but I haven't played with it. It can cause the person to automatically clean up after others while still playing their own role. But that's not cool...I think... LOL!

@Sunsetblast wrote:

That is good to know. I kept coming home and just receiving a notice that the maid cleaned my house, although the house never appeared to have been cleaned (although I might have been wrong) and I never saw the maid. Have not seen a maid in the game so far.

Message 5 of 158 (10,516 Views)

★ Novice

I just now started having this problem. I removed all CC and its still happening.
Has there been any updates on a fix or work around for this issue?

Message 6 of 158 (10,499 Views)

★ Apprentice

@KattFricke wrote:

I just now started having this problem. I removed all CC and its still happening.
Has there been any updates on a fix or work around for this issue?

Just curious. What is "CC"?  

Message 7 of 158 (10,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's been a few days since anyone mentioned anything here. Has there been any updates yet? My maid is still waving at the mailbox and walking up and down my front steps. I can't fire him, in fact he's just like a regular NPC now. Except that he's stuck, of course, and reset sim doesn't work on him.

Message 8 of 158 (10,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I found a work around, if you invite the maid out some after canceling your maid service, you can go back home without the maid and she won't return.

Message 9 of 158 (10,453 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Never had this issue. Never downloaded CC either.

Message 10 of 158 (10,449 Views)