[MOD RELATED] Males Are Missing!

by charialena

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Males Are Missing!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After the toddlers update, all the male sims are no where to be found. They are in the game itself (on the streets, and bars, etc.), but they are not in any residential spaces. I check "not in world" but nothing is there. PLEASE HELP!

Along with that, I cannot do any actions with my sims

Message 5 of 54 (3,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: disappeared

Hero

This issue as been deemed mod related.

Please educate yourself on how to use mods: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Usage-of-Mods-and-Custom-Content/td-p/39... instead of blaming the devs. 

I'm aware that not everything is mod related but big issues like this and messed up GUIs usually are

If you save your game with your males gone, your males will still be gone when you remove the mod. 

Remove the mod and then load a backup: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

Of you still have issues after removing the mods, make sure you also delete your cache files and maybe rename the user folder and then put your files back one by one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 54 (3,920 Views)

All Replies

disappeared

★★★ Newbie

After updating the game to toddlers all my male sims were removed from the game (even male sims working in restaurants). They appear in the relationships tab, but not in the family or in the streets. I also tried to create a new family, but when they move to the house the father is missing. This only happens with MALE sims. I already repaired the game and removed all the custom contents. Please help.

Message 1 of 54 (3,717 Views)

Re: disappeared

Hero

Hi @Nina83k

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (3,711 Views)

Male Sim Disappearance - Since Toddler Update

★★★ Newbie

All the male sims from every household in my game have disappeared since the toddler update.

I added a boy toddler to a family and he disappeared along with the father.

I made a family with two fathers and girl toddler, the game told me the men were going on vacation, but they were still at the house and I had absolutely no control over them. I didn't have control over the toddler either but now she is the only one showing in the family portrait.

Scrolling through all the family portraits of the pre-made Sims in the neighbourhoods, there were no male Sims whatsoever.

Message 3 of 54 (3,823 Views)

Re: Male Sim Disappearance - Since Toddler Update

★★★ Newbie
Same! I even had baby male sims completely disappear. They're gone from everything as if they never existed.
Message 4 of 54 (3,806 Views)

★ Novice

Also having this problem! Even previously male butlers are female now. This bug is hilariously bizarre, but, kinda concerning to say the least.

Message 6 of 54 (3,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh great. the other glitches i were having were nothing to compared to losing all my important sims and random townies. I made my family, moved them in and furnished the house for the tots and when I went into live mode, 2 of my sims were gone from the family. I go to world view and reload the lot, and it didn't reset itself. I go back and looked in the household bin thing and a lot of sims were taken from families and there are family slots with no sims.

I do have mods, more CC than anything, so I went and took out McCommand center cause that the only major not CC mod I have, reload the game, and its still broken. 

I suggest everyone go in and save all your important sims just in case you have mods before you enable mods again, cause this may happen and I don't know what caused it. 

( I wrote this in another thread before i knew it was all my male sims, so I moved my post to a relatable thread. not sure if its a mod issue at all ) 

Message 7 of 54 (3,777 Views)

my male sim s disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

so with the new toddler update my male sims started disappearing. when i first made the couple who had a toddler i noticed when i went into build buy mode and then exited my male, son and husband, were gone, but the girl was still there. i then thought of it as a one off bug. i created another male and moved him in and he wasn't in my family. i wasn't even able to add him to family. they aren't even in my relationships. no i have not added any mods or cc since the update, so i honestly don't know what it is

edit: i just checked my other neighborhood and the men are gone in there too...?

Message 8 of 54 (3,717 Views)

★★★ Novice

i honestly just think this is a nasty, nasty glitch and we're gonna have to wait for them to fix it :/

Message 9 of 54 (3,725 Views)

Re: Males Are Missing!

★★★ Novice

alot of people are having this bug. there's probably nothing to do but to wait for it to be fixed 

Message 10 of 54 (3,700 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help