Invisible Object...cannot get rid of.

by Magearon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invisible Object...cannot get rid of.

★★ Novice

I have an issue with a vampire object?

It looks like an observatory, but I don't remember putting anything down there.

I removed everything from the room, then started decorating again. I got annoyed that I wasn't able to put anything down so I used the bb.moveobjects cheat. I put up a mirror and discovered this object that was preventing me from putting anything down. I undid the cheat and took the picture to show that it was disabling my ability to build.

Message 1 of 6 (4,631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invisible Object...cannot get rid of.

Hero (Retired)

Ah, I did not realize that you didn't want an observatory at all.  So if you pick up the room that the object is in and move it elsewhere, the object does *not* move with the room?  If so, can you draw a new room of a different size in the space, one that would seemingly intersect with the object, or do you get an error?  Have you tried saving your build to the Library, bulldozing the lot, and then replacing the build from the library onto the lot?  If the object remains through that process, does it also appear if you place the build on a different lot?  With these questions, I am trying to determine whether it's the lot or the build that is bugged...

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (4,642 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Magearon

Have you tried building a room around the observatory and then deleting that room ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (4,617 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The observatory object is ordinarily quite large...  From that picture, it looks like it has somehow been shrunken (set on head cheat maybe?  CC?).  However, even when shrunken, its object footprint is still going to be the original size and will prevent adding objects on it unless bb.moveobjects is turned on.  I would suggest deleting it an using an observatory that is the original correct size, even though it will likely mean relocating it.

Message 3 of 6 (4,608 Views)

★★ Novice

Several times. Even without a room, the observatory stays like it's floating in mid air. I cannot hover over it and delete it. Nothing I do works to delete it.

Message 4 of 6 (4,573 Views)

★★ Novice

This is all very helpful assuming I want the observatory there. But I don't. I can't delete it and I can't see it unless I'm using a mirror to look at it. 

Message 5 of 6 (4,572 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ah, I did not realize that you didn't want an observatory at all.  So if you pick up the room that the object is in and move it elsewhere, the object does *not* move with the room?  If so, can you draw a new room of a different size in the space, one that would seemingly intersect with the object, or do you get an error?  Have you tried saving your build to the Library, bulldozing the lot, and then replacing the build from the library onto the lot?  If the object remains through that process, does it also appear if you place the build on a different lot?  With these questions, I am trying to determine whether it's the lot or the build that is bugged...

Message 6 of 6 (4,643 Views)