[FIXED] Interactions that do NOT affect Socialization

by khynnea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Interactions that do NOT affect Socialization

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Writing a letter to your pen pal does not add to your socialization. 

Chatting with people on the slablet does not add to your socialization (or maintain relationships).

Message 1 of 15 (1,516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Social need doens't improve while playing darts, cards or lama game in group

Community Manager (retired)

Everything here is by design, Social was never intended to be gained when writing a pen pal, or between two children playing with dollhouses, or when fishing, or when playing games (cards, darts, llama). All of those should be providing some combination of Fun or Rel-gain or skill-gain though. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,127 Views)

All Replies

Re: Interactions that do NOT affect Socialization

Hero

Change your previous report to this link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,499 Views)

★ Guide

This post 

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12574949/#Comment_12574949

won't let me edit it, if that's what you meant. 

Of note, I noticed that on the computer, now that I afforded one, the chat option is both "Chat with..." and "Chat" and "Chat with..." you do see the person+ green icon floating, and i've won an acquaintance back (woo). Though the socialize bar only seems to get a single green ">" as it happens. 

On the slablet, interestingly, I see 3 green ">>>" on the socialize bar. I don't know if this was a conscious developmental trade-off -- more socialize instead of relationship. 

The pen pal is a "Pen Pal in Isla Paradiso" so it's a non-person, no relationship to maintain as it were, but to clarify here, no 'socialization' occurs. No relationship exists TO maintain. 

Message 3 of 15 (1,497 Views)

Hero

Sorry. I typed to fast there. I changed the report in the compiled list :P

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this same problem.

In the past Sims you could chat online or socialize with classmates or coworkers and it add to the people in your relationships, but now it doesn't.

Also I think when you are going to start an event like have a wedding, you should be able to invite from the household's relationship list. Not just the person throwing the party.

For example, If I am throwing a party for my child I want to be able to invite her/his friends.

Message 5 of 15 (1,359 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Interactions that do NOT affect Socialization

★★★ Pro

Fishing does not increase social need.

Message 6 of 15 (1,232 Views)

Hero

Playing with the doll house with another child does not raise social skill for me.

Can anyone confirm/deny that they see the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (1,206 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict, confirmed that playing with the doll house with another child doesn't increase the social skill in my game either.  I just checked it in an existing save.

Message 8 of 15 (1,190 Views)

Hero

Thanks for checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (1,188 Views)

Hero

Chatting with Sims on the Slablet will now build relationship with that Sim.
  • …because all Sims are Sims. As the song says “Sims are Sims so why should it be, that those Sims should have gotten along so awfully…” on the Slablet.
    • Ok, so maybe that wasn’t exactly the song’s lyrics, BUT if the writer had known about the Slablet, I’m sure it would have changed everything… a whole new mode.

The slablet was address in 1.18.64

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (1,158 Views)