[FIXED] If I save and exit while sleeping sims are awake upon reopen

by smittenkitten727

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] If I save and exit while sleeping sims are awake upon reopen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As the title states. I always save and exit while everyone in my household is asleep and upon reopening the game one or both of my adults will be standing next to the bed awake and will climb back into bed and sleep when I unpause it. Strangely this has never happened with my child sim though.

Message 1 of 19 (2,110 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: If I save and exit while sleeping sims are awake upon reopen

Hero

This should be fixed.

Please post if you still see this 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 19 (2,476 Views)

All Replies

Saved/loaded game bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

I encountered something odd.  If I save the game while a Sim is sleep in his/her bed,  when I return and  load the game my Sim will be out of bed as if I never sent him/her there. It's happened with other tasks too, such as when using the shower. You save the game in the shower and when you load the game the Sim isn't in there anymore.

Message 2 of 19 (2,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

added

@BadArkane Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (2,060 Views)

I had this happen with Save As followed by Exit. (In case the sequence helps.) It's only happened the one time that I can recall. 

• Are you using mods: Never
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win7
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download, 1.0.677.20

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 4 of 19 (2,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have just had a similar issue with the exception that I saved and exited when 2 of my sims were at work/school. When I reloaded the game, they were physically present in the house, but their avatars at the bottom of the screen were saying that they were still at school/work. Therefore, I could not control them, could not open the needs panel etc.

I resolved this by clicking on their avatars and choosing the "finish early" option.

Message 5 of 19 (2,046 Views)

Hero

@chrolka Wonder if that is the actual cause of the work icon bug. That has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Sims-Icons-staying-grey-after-coming-back-fro...

Maybe you could add that info there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (2,036 Views)

Hero

I believe this to be by design

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (1,941 Views)

Hero

Is this still happening to anyone ?

@smittenkitten727 @chrolka @luthienrising @BadArkane

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (1,884 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is still happening, it happened to me today. I left all 3 of my sims in bed. I paused the game, saved, and saved again with exit. I log back in, they are standing by the beds, they do not have full energy and need to be put back to bed. I have never had them crawl back into bed on their own, probably because the bed icon is no longer in the task list when I log back in.

Message 9 of 19 (1,876 Views)

Hero

Thank you for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (1,869 Views)