[ARCHIVED] Getting charged by imaginary NPC (sometimes twice)

by MSTANFORD2

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Getting charged by imaginary NPC (sometimes twice)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My sims have a daily maid, but there's a really annoying bug where whenever my sims leave their home lot and return again, or go into CAS via the mirror and return to the home lot, I get a popup message saying that a maid cleaned their house while they were away (they didn't) and my sims are charged around $40 each time. So basically every trip away from their house costs $40. I'm running the game without CC or mods on Windows 7, digital download version.

Message 5 of 43 (4,341 Views)

Maid requested, but game says maid won't come for two days

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My sim ordered a one-time maid service on a Saturday. The alert said the maid would come on Monday, which was an unexptected delay. However, after my sim left, she returned home and there was a message that the maid had been there. The home did appear cleaned. I think it's  just the alerts that are bugged. 

Message 1 of 43 (3,725 Views)

Re: Maid requested, but game says maid won't come for two days

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (3,711 Views)

Maid

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know that many have reported problems with the maid.  I am having many of the same issues except that My Sims are being charged for the maid even when he doesn't come.  Everytime I go back into my saved game I am charged for the maid (I get an alert saying the maid was there while I was out), and then the money is deducted.   I know that he wasn't because to test this I left dirty dishes out and old food in the fridge and it was all still there when I got back.  This also happens when I travel from place to place.  The maid still does come but very sporadically and not very often.

Message 3 of 43 (4,292 Views)

Re: Maid

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

@Jan_831 Merged you in here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (4,272 Views)

Charged by maid every time Sims travel or change appearance etc.

★★ Novice

Each time I travel to a lot or return home from one I receive the notification 'A maid has cleaned your house while you were away - $40', it then charges me 40simoleons (or whatever the price is...).

This also happens after exiting the CAS screen when changing my sims appearance or clothing,and happens every time without fail - regardless of the time of day or which of my sims is active.

I have a reoccuring maid at my lot so must be a glitch to do with this.

Message 6 of 43 (4,190 Views)

maid bug

★★ Novice

i hired a maid. when my sims travel or i exit the game, this message always show up "maid cleaned your house when you were not home" but actually the maid never cleaned my house. and my $43 were paid all the time. 

Message 7 of 43 (4,199 Views)

Re: maid bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

@eeeberkk Merged with existing bug report on the issue

@bethanface 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 43 (4,188 Views)

Re: Getting charged by imaginary maid

★★ Apprentice

I had this too, except the maid would come like every week and just stand outside as well wtf haha

Message 9 of 43 (4,162 Views)

Re: Getting charged by imaginary maid

Hero

Buggy maid Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 43 (4,158 Views)