[OPEN] Flooring Being Placed Over Pool

by knewt93

Original Post

[OPEN] Flooring Being Placed Over Pool

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So when I go to lay flooring around my pool it fills over the whole pool and does not automatically disappear..

I have no idea why this is happening, but this game just continues to make me sad.

I HAVE NO MODS OR CC INSTALLED

Message 1 of 9 (3,639 Views)

Re: Flooring Being Placed Over Pool

Hero (Retired)

@knewt93 Does this happen when you have placed the pool on a deck and deleted the deck flooring?  We were just discussing this issue here.  There are a couple of workarounds: 1) don't delete the deck flooring, just tile over it or 2) Delete one tile of the deck fence and then pull the remaining fence back into its place.  Either way will prevent the issue.

Message 2 of 9 (3,569 Views)

Hero

So this is a new bug @BryonyRae ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes I believe it is something like that

Message 4 of 9 (3,559 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well, it's new to me anyway - had never heard of it before that post on the forums.  Have no idea when it actually cropped up in the game though.

Message 5 of 9 (3,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

i hope this may narrow the field a bit  i think this may have  happened with the new pack I am updated patch wise but do not have the Spa day pack yet ,and am able to build pools with decking with foundations etc place the flooring  and it disappears/auto adjusts  where it should i can place the flooring first too and then place the pool and the tiles disappears/auto adjusts

edit to add  have now  run into this issue

i wonder if it is because the pool is an enclosed body of water that the game "thinks* the walls are a room therefore the floor tiles are been placed as if a full floor is there

late edit here i omittid this happened after i installed the new pack

Message 6 of 9 (3,537 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (3,511 Views)

★ Novice

Today I had flooring placed around my pool and it placed the way it is supposed to. BUT  I decided I wanted a fence around the property. When I placed the fence it installed a flooring with the fence. When I deleted that subfloor, my original pattern was still there but now it was overlapping the pool. And it won't let me delete the squares it says there is nothing to delete! I have tried repairing my game and it did not help. I have never had this issue before and do not have mods or cc.

Message 8 of 9 (3,474 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Flooring Being Placed Over Pool

★★★ Newbie

Origin just updated my game today. I don't know if I have a bug or not, but when I place flooring around my pool, it disappears and any other flooring I placed previous. When placing it, the ground disappears for a second too. It is quite frustrating, and I don't know how to fix this. :P 

Message 9 of 9 (3,397 Views)