Disallow customers still doesn't work?

by graceymanors

Original Post

Re: Disallow customers in dine out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

You're right, it does die down. But if for some reason(usually slowly seated sims or sims who insist on walking around before ordering) I have the restaurant open for 5-6 hours after disallowing customers, I will suddenly get a rush of new ones (usually at 4-5 AM!). At that point I usually throw my hands in the air and just close the restaurant.

Message 21 of 33 (1,183 Views)

Hero

I kept it open for like 12 hours afterwards and had 2 guests never leave but no new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 33 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

Interesting. So I don't know what's going on then... I guess I just have to "disallow customers" after 2-3 hours and hope for the best.

Question: Should the "Disallow New Customers" setting be saved with the game? Because as I mentioned before, I am not seeing it save. Since door locking is a similar functionality, I tested that and locking doors does save with the game.

Message 23 of 33 (1,171 Views)

Hero

I think it should but haven't tested that part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 33 (1,167 Views)

Disallow customers still doesn't work?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

When ever I disallow customers, they still show up hours later.I do use mods, though I have tried with and without the mods.

Mods I use: Keep Doctor at Hospital

No more autonomous phone actions

No Autonomous grab drinks.

Shimrod Less Musical chairs mod.

Half the time at my restaurant, sims just stand around chatting. Especially near the host station.

This is a restaurant I downloaded, but it even happens when I own a EA/Maxis built lot.

Note: I posted a new thread, but it got moved to here, I didn't want to bump an old thread from June, but someone moved it.

Message 25 of 33 (947 Views)

Re: Disallow customers still doesn't work?

Hero

• Choosing the option to Disallow New Customers will now disallow new customers from arriving to your restaurant.

Fixed in Patch 1.25.135

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 33 (2,808 Views)

★★ Novice

This bug seems to have found its way back for me. I built my own restaurant and the disallow function has never worked for me, scores of people keep showing up. This means I have to close the restaurant usually with a full house so I've not be able to very much money... maybe with the new vampires pack (which I have installed) this became an issue again? My sims live on the lot almost 24/7, and I have no mods.

Message 27 of 33 (866 Views)

Hero

Works fine for me

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 33 (856 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me Crin! I tried it again today just to make sure I wasn't wasting your time. I also documented all the Sims coming & going and when I used the Disallow Customers option... AND it seems to be working now. I started sending my Sims home for the night and the Lot seems to be working much better. Many random Sims would show up on the Lot (not customers) and never leave, and my staff used to hang around all night even after I closed the restaurant but now everyone goes home. I'm going to keep playing with it and I'll keep you posted if it happens again. Thanks!!!

Message 29 of 33 (839 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad it works better now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 33 (834 Views)