[FIXED] All bar venues are full of children and teens

by Amy571

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] All bar venues are full of children and teens

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Since the 12/16 patch, I have had the problem that my bar venues are being overran with children and teens at all hours of the night. There are hardly any adult sims present. 

For example, I was playing the other day, made a new sim. I wanted to find her a possible love interest so I took her to a bar venue at 11pm sim time. There were about 6 children and 4 teens there, and 1 other young adult. 

I tried again the next night at 1am sim time, same thing. About 4 kids, 4 teens, no adults.

Next night, I went at 9pm. There were 8 children and 6 teens, 2 young adults and 1 elder.

It is kind of ridiculous at this point. I haven't been able to play too much since the patch because of the holidays, but this is happening very regularly when I do play.

I do no have any mods installed aside from a CC that gives additional eye colors. I tried playing the game without it just to be sure and I still have the same problem.

Message 1 of 18 (2,681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Since 12/16 patch, all bar venues are full of children and teens.

Hero

I believe this to be fixed. Haven't seen any in a while.

Feel free to comment if you still have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,701 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Not sure why there is no thread on this already. Guess no one wanted to report the obvious

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,658 Views)

I have this problem too.  You wil find many people complaining about this but it is usually included in the thread where everyone is reporting the bartendars not serving drinks or wearing their uniforms.  The entire bar venue is bugged in many ways.

Message 3 of 18 (2,652 Views)

Hero

Well, it definitly does not have anything to do with the bartender issue so it needs it's own thread.

When loosing the restrictions for the bar, Maxis went a bit overboard.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (2,645 Views)

This really needs fixing. There isn't even an interaction to use to kick them out. :/ 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 5 of 18 (2,615 Views)

Still a problem after the Mar. 26 patch Frown

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 6 of 18 (2,601 Views)

Children/Teens invading bar venues bug returned with 3/26 patch.

★★ Apprentice

This is a problem I had previously. It went away with a patch that was done in Jan/Feb (I cannot remember which one), and has now returned in the latest patch. 

As I said in the post I made when this first happened. my bar venues are full of mostly children and teens, no matter the time of day or night. There is maybe 1-3 YA/Adult, and 8ish children/teens hanging out doing home work, playing, arguing with each other and with adult sims, making it difficult to flirt with the adult sims because the kids get upset and it turns the conversations to inappropriate very fast, giving my sims constant embarrassed moodlet. It is incredibly annoying.

I do not make use of many mods, and I always remove the ones I do have before patching.

The only mods I had is a retex of the eye colors, and one that gave more money for hacking. I removed both before patch, only the eye retex was added back.

Message 7 of 18 (2,606 Views)

Re: Children/Teens invading bar venues bug returned with 3/26 patch.

Hero

@Amy571 That issue already has a thread so I merged and it was never fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (2,597 Views)

Children and Teens Appear in Bars

★★★ Pro

Children and teens appear in bars.

Message 9 of 18 (2,552 Views)

Re: Children and Teens Appear in Bars

★★★ Pro
According to the SimGurus this is not a glitch. Bar are supposed to be family friendly environments. They are more like sports bars rather than seedy bars.

On the forums it was suggested that if you don't want children or teens there change the lot type to lounge or nightclub.
Message 10 of 18 (2,494 Views)