[FEEDBACK] [MHSP] Invisible Popcorn

by TheNUBalicious

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] [MHSP] Invisible Popcorn

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Issue

Popcorn is not showing up in bowl after quality is improved from being garnished.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Popped popcorn. Told my Sim to set the popcorn down. Told Sim to garnish popcorn to improve quality. When Sim began eating popcorn, it disappeared visibly from bowl, but Sim continued eating out of empty bowl

Picture

Attached

Where does the bug occur ?

Tested with different families on different saves with same results.

Mods/CC

I do not have any mods or CC installed in my game.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I own the Premium Edition of Sims 4, and own all expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs released as of 1-14-2016.

Occurring since

Happening since just installed The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, loaded game, bought popcorn popper and popped popcorn. When my Sim (level 10 all cooking skills, Chef) tried to garnish the popcorn to improve flavor the popcorn became invisible. Also, her traits Essence of Flavor and Fresh Chef had no impact on the quality of the popcorn when it was made, but she was still allowed to garnish it, which created the invisible popcorn problem. I then loaded other saves of different test families with the same results.

Operating system

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate

Note* I posted this originally in The Sims Forum. It was suggested that I repair my game, and reset my Sims 4 folder. I did this, tested again, and the problem is still there.

Message 1 of 11 (1,932 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Invisible Popcorn

Hero

I can't duplicate this.

It went from good to excellent for you ? Does the same happen for other qualities ?

Does it happen for all popcorn flavors ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,867 Views)

Hero (Retired)

same as the OP it appears to happen when a sim with high skill can garnish a bowl of popcorn

also a bowl of regular popcorn was on the counter i wanted too move it to a different spot   grabbed the bowl of popcorn and the popcorn became invisible although it still contains popcorn

Message 3 of 11 (1,846 Views)

Hero

I can duplicate it when I move the bowl.

Did you move the bowl as well when you garnished it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

upon a further test had sim make popcorn-grab a bowl while he was eating the popcorn i cancelled the action then had him garnish it he put the bowl down to garnish the popcorn  told him to eat it and midway through eating the popcorn becomes invisible

edit to add regular and flavored popcorn seem to ok  i.e no invisibility will check late on in game

Message 5 of 11 (1,830 Views)

Invisible Popcorn

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,759 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Sim is a level 10 Chef with all cooking skills maxed. When she got a bowl of popcorn I cancelled her eating it so she would put it on the table to be able to garnish it. Once garnished, she picked it back up and sat at a table to eat it. The popcorn didn't disappear until the first piece was taken from the bowl. Sim continued eating as if it was still there. After this happened I switched to a test family with same results (also a high level cooking skill Sim). I didn't try the other flavors because I went to the forum to see if anyone else was having this problem. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,747 Views)

Hero

Seems the team is already aware of this one

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/687851410969395200

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,732 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you, that is good to know!

Message 9 of 11 (1,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TheNUBalicious

found a temporary work around had my sim eat popcorn cancelled the action moved the bowl invisi popcorn went to build mode put the bowl of popcorn in the family inventory click undo

told sim to eat the popcorn after eating 5-7 pieces the popcorn re-appeared 

edit to add a p.s.

how i found that fix was i moved my popcorn machine which had servings of popcorn in it and the popcorn became invisible  i went to buy mode  sold the machine hit undo back to live mode and the popcorn was visible again

Message 10 of 11 (1,663 Views)