[ARCHIVED] Empty lots not filling up

by Dumb_Iguana

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Empty lots not filling up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Despite having the "fill empty lots" option enabled within preferences, no sims have moved into any of my empty lots.  
All other sims have aged up, and have successfully died of old age, however no one is being set to replace them.

Edit: Typo

Message 1 of 62 (36,583 Views)

Re: Empty lots not filling up

Hero

Is your hood empty or do you have many non-plaved families ? To me it seems they do repopulate but don't move into houses.

Trying to find out how it's supposed to be.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 62 (36,326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

for me I have the option turned on to fill the empty lots.  however none of the empty houses have been filled, and it is about a month of sim time.  I only play one household, a single sim, but still have all the houses that were empty on start of the game, still empty.

Message 3 of 62 (36,319 Views)

Hero

They should fill back up so I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 62 (36,314 Views)

A lot of people are having this same problem, such as here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783522/my-entire-town-died-of-old-age-in-5-hours-of-game-...

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 5 of 62 (36,260 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the thread link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 62 (36,249 Views)

can't complete quest to "make friends with 2 neighbors"

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

this game doesn't have any life of its own when it comes to neighbors lives.

i played a long time and now that i have a quest to "make friends with 2 neighbors"...

i go to find out that ALL of the houses in the entire game are empty/abandoned?? (due to all the families dying of old age and not having any children???)

yeah, so in order for me to complete this fricken quest, i actually had to save and exit, and go create a new household of at least 2 people, and move them in next door, and then save and exit again... and then go back to my original household and go make friends with the 2 neighbors that i created...

really cool AI you've got there...

Message 7 of 62 (36,222 Views)

Re: can't complete quest to "make friends with 2 neighbors"

Hero

@shhfiftyfive Merged with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 62 (36,209 Views)

Empty Houses not being filled in spite of Game Option choice

I have my game set to Fill Empty Houses, but this has never happened. All originally empty houses are still empty. 

• Are you using mods: Never
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win7
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download, 1.0.677.20

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 9 of 62 (36,198 Views)

Having the same problem.  Have played for 60 hours with fill empty lots on and not one house has been filled.  All original empty houses are still empty.

Message 10 of 62 (36,198 Views)