[ARCHIVED] Several Issues with Caterer

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Several Issues with Caterer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Caterer AI is a little wonky at times, they begin to prepare a dish and then stop midway for no apparent reason. They were not involved in any conversation, nor were they shouting routing errors. They may then proceed to start over with a new dish.

Origin Digital Deluxe,
No Mods, 
No CC, 
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 
Intel i5 2500k, 
nVidia GTX 780.

EDIT (crin): Other Issues, Caterer doesn't come a tall or does nothing at all

Message 1 of 29 (14,732 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Several Issues with Caterer

Hero

Not sure what's still active with this and it doesn't have the bug template

Please make individual threads for all issues still occurring.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (13,536 Views)

All Replies

Re: Caterer AI

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (14,589 Views)

Caterer has no cooking options

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had a party at home. I hired a caterer. There was no options on her at all to cook anything.
Second big I've had is in a new save. My sim was at the park talking to someone. They were standing near one of the spots where sims disappear to "travel", and I was seeing thought bubbles go right by me but no sims with them. A few seconds later the sims appeared.

I have no custom content and no mods.

Message 3 of 29 (16,723 Views)

Re: Floating thought bubbles and no cooking options

Hero

They should cook automatically

Edited your title since you reported two issues in one but twice. So useing one for each bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (16,712 Views)

Re: Caterer has no cooking options

★★★ Apprentice

Yes. I've hired a caterer for two parties and they have never cooked anything. 

Message 5 of 29 (16,708 Views)

Hero

At your home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (16,701 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was playing with the house party the other night and ran through it a few times trying to get a feel for how the parties worked. With each run through the caterer spent most of the party on the MotionMonitor Gaming Mat. The bartender went to the bar, the entertainer went to where I had instruments placed, only the caterer wandered off.

I think this happened because I had food in the fridge. The guests were going to the fridge and getting food from it. When the food ran out the caterer came over to start cooking,

Message 7 of 29 (16,674 Views)

Workers won't work at weddings

★ Apprentice

For several of my weddings, the people I hire don't work, especially the caterer.  I usually have to make my own cake.  It would be niced to have this fixed and to also have a plead do work  interaction for NPCs./hired help if able to.

w8.1, no cc/mods, DD with extras

Message 8 of 29 (16,608 Views)

Re: Workers won't work at weddings

Hero

Guess I had forgotten to add this thread to the list.

@davina1221 Merged your report with this one now and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 29 (16,602 Views)

Re: Workers won't work at weddings

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have had the same problem with the caterer. They won't cook if I have food in fridge or they will start to cook something then another sim will block them so they cannot get to the counter so they place the cutting board on the floor or in another room then go to the fridge to start another food item. After one party I had about 10 cutting boards laying around the house with unfinished food, even in the bathroom.

Message 10 of 29 (16,496 Views)