[COLLECTION THREAD] Queue Dropping

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Queue Dropping

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post all issues with the queue dropping in here.

Compiled List

• Queuing of multiple actions prior to routing
  • Multiple retail tasks
  • More than one cleaning interaction
  • Phone interactions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 27 (2,075 Views)

[OPEN] Queuing of multiple actions prior to routing cause dropping of queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Queueing of multiple actions prior to routing (before the interaction is initiated and before the sim heads toward the object)  results in multitasking of incompatible actions such as "use toilet" and "shower". This causes cancellation of the second task since the sim attempts to interact with the second object before beginning the first task.

Message 1 of 27 (2,216 Views)

Re: Get Together - Queueing of multiple actions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This was nicknamed the "toilet bug."  It should have been fixed in the last patch. It was for most of us.  Is it still happening for you?  Do you have mods or CC?  If so, remove them and see if you still have the problem.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Queues-being-dropped-stuff-added/m-p/4997467/highlig...

Also, there is a second bug where having a baby or bassinet near the shower (it doesn't have to be in the same room) will cause Sims to cancel the shower action prematurely.  Moving the baby further away or aging the baby up usually gets around this problem.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sim-gets-straight-out-of-bath-and-only-ta...

Message 2 of 27 (2,211 Views)

Hero

If what @greenxensaid is not your issue, the you need to be more specific on which interactions you're seeing this. Posting a video would also help

Please also remove any mods you might be using.

Repairing the game and removing caches can also help with these kinds of problems.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (2,192 Views)

★★ Guide

I habitually queue their daily routine since all of my households are full and it usually occurs with long queues involving cooking or bathroom objects. Use Toilet -> Steamy Shower -> Cook Breakfast / Clean multiple -> Cook -> Study / Use Toilet -> Freshen Up -> Eat Food -> Any Task...  If I wait for the characters to begin the first task before queueing the rest the problem never occurs.

Message 4 of 27 (2,186 Views)

Hero

So when you do this, two interactions that are not supposed to multitask drop together in the multi task section ? Like your Sims want to use the toilet and take a shower at the same time ?

Could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (2,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No, the sim attempts to perform the second task then immediately returns to the first which causes the remainder of the cue to be auto-cancelled. The first task 'drops' when the second interaction is cancelled.

Message 6 of 27 (2,176 Views)

Hero

I'll add this but a video or a picture would be helpful

Does it matter which interactions you queue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (2,168 Views)

★★ Guide

I've noticed this with various interactions, but most persistently with cooking, cleaning, and bathroom interactions since those are most redundant and always require immediate queueing of a long series. if you need an example, the "mold clay multitasking" problem is similar however in this case the tasks don't drop together. The sim simply performs the second task before the first drops which causes the second to be cancelled prior to completion when the sim returns to the first. This also causes long queues to be dropped.

Message 8 of 27 (2,156 Views)

Queue dropping on Retail interactions

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There are still unresolved issues with the retail environment.

First thing I noticed is that actions are dropped from the active Sims queue if they are instructed to do retail tasks. For instance if my Sim is restocking and I then queue him to serve a customer, and then maybe use the bathroom or eat something, all the actions are cleared as soon as he 's finished the first restocking job. It's so irritating that I either play without trying to direct them or I have to lead them from one task to another, either way the queuing system is redundant.

The second issue is that active Sims can't clean the display fridges when they get dirty, they always used to be able to but now they throw their arms in the air and complain about routing issues. I can't remember when that started but up until last night I had been selling and replacing the dirty display fridges before the Sim left the retail lot. Last night I left the dirty fridge where it was because I think if I play the game again today and return to that retail lot it will have been reset, and will be clean again. I dunno, but it's frustrating that these issues are still unresolved.

Message 9 of 27 (2,080 Views)