[ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling/off

Hero

It's a known issue. Just klick it away.

Are they still married in the family tree too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 157 (958 Views)

Sims who are already married get whims to get engaged/married to each other.

★★★ Novice

Issue

Sims who are married to each other still generate the whims for 'Get engaged to [current spouse]" and "Marry [current spouse]". This is annoying because it makes an unfillable Whim take up a spot, because it's not like they can get more married. Of course, Whims can be manually removed, but it's still obnoxious.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

I thought that maybe this was just a problem happening in households where the sims started off in a Married relationship fresh from CAS, so I tested with new households and sims in a new game and had them get into a relationship, get engaged, and get married. But after they were married, they also got the get engaged/get married Whims too. 

Where does the bug occur ?

This occurs in all saves where I have married sims.

Mods/CC

I am not currently using any CC, and have not been using them since the a couple of patches ago. This is not a fresh install, however. The issue does occur in new saves, made long after all my CC has been removed.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All of them. (Kids Room, Dine Out, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Get Together, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack, Digital Deluxe upgrade)

Occurring since

This has been happening for at least a couple of patches, but I don't remember specifically when it started or if it's always been this way.

Operating system

Windows 10, version 1511, OS build 10586.494

Message 82 of 157 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

My sim keeps being curious about clubs, even when BEING IN ONE... Young adults.

it also says bored..

Message 83 of 157 (950 Views)

★★★ Novice

and also when my sim slides with the water sliders, he gets the emotion "Tense...not enough exercise.." Frown

Message 84 of 157 (943 Views)

Hero

@MissSteff89 wrote:

Hello,

My sim keeps being curious about clubs, even when BEING IN ONE... Young adults.

it also says bored..

This usually appears if you haven't done a club meeting in a while.

So you mean they get the curious about club while being in a club MEETING or just in a club ? When you hover over it, it tells you: From not gathering in a while (or something along these lines)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 157 (932 Views)

Hero

@MissSteff89 wrote:

and also when my sim slides with the water sliders, he gets the emotion "Tense...not enough exercise.." Frown

I've added that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 86 of 157 (932 Views)

Sims 4 - Whim glitch, "level up in [any skill]"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So this is the glitch I'm having. Say my Sim wants to level up in the Guitar skill. (The whim for 100 aspiration points.) And I happened to be working on a different skill, like Charisma. Well, my Charisma went up but the whim was somehow completed and I got 100 aspiration points.

So basically I automatically complete those whims no matter what skill I level up. I'm using a PC, no mods. I do have some stuff in my custom music folders, but not much. I get that this isn't a game breaking glitch, but I feel like I'm cheating somehow, so : /

Edit: Also some whims just get completed even though I didn't currently do anything for them. Like the "Make a friend" whim. Sure, my Sim made a friend recently, but not while the whim was there.

Message 87 of 157 (923 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Whim glitch, "level up in [any skill]"

Hero

Hi @Espisayer

merged and added to first page. 

I'll test if I can duplicate this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 157 (908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, my sims in relationships are still getting whims to marry/get engaged to the other. Will keep coming up even after I click out of it. 

Message 89 of 157 (877 Views)

Hero

Did you check your family tree ? Are the Sims still married to each other properly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 157 (873 Views)