[ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims

by crinrict

Original Post

Adults who are promised unable to get "engaged" whim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this issue where when the teenagers become promised after exchanging promise rings and then age up, they never get the "Wants to get engaged to (Sim's Name)" whim until AFTER they do get engaged via command. And this also goes for getting married, having children, etc. Is anyone else having this issue?  

Message 71 of 157 (916 Views)

Re: Adults who are promised unable to get "engaged" whim

Hero

Hi @hocking101

are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 157 (903 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling

★★★ Newbie

My SIMS also are married to each other, are best friends, and keep getting the whim to get married to each other.  

Message 73 of 157 (880 Views)

"Watch a Gaming Livestream" Whim Doesn't Complete on Slablet

★★★★★ Apprentice

This action is available on both PCs and Slablets, but doesn't complete the Whim if done on the Slablet.

I tried 3 times on the Slablet with no result. Cleared first time on the PC.

Not sure if this is a bug or by design as the Whim description mentions using a computer. If it's by design, then perhaps Slablets could be added to it.

Message 74 of 157 (874 Views)

Re: "Watch a Gaming Livestream" Whim Doesn't Complete on Slablet

Hero

Hi @EmmaVane

added to the compiled whim list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 157 (998 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling/off

★ Pro
Vanilla game, base plus all released content.  I5-6600; GTX 970; Win 10 Home 64bit, fully updated.

Whim to win a game of darts is not completing.  Pic is small but notification shows Lucas beat Wolfgang but no completion of whim.  I haven't tried in this particular save but have also had it fail to complete in a Good Timers club meeting in another save.

Yesterday I even had an issue in this same save with the Munch parents playing darts on a dart board I added to Desert Bloom Park.  They would stand idle for long periods of time while time kept moving and I would have to keep hitting and releasing pause to get them started again.  They finally even clipped into each other, throwing at the same time, so I ended up cancelling the play darts action.  I haven't encountered the idle problem when the family plays darts on their home lot.

Not at all sure when this started happening, or, if the whim has ever cleared properly.  I haven't played much with the dart board before.  This save was started 6/3/16 with a different family.  I added the Munch household for rotational play about 4 days ago.

Message 76 of 157 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
My sim child wanted to browse the simapedia, they don't have that option.

I have all games and updates.
No cc
Message 77 of 157 (976 Views)

Hero

You mean it doesn't appear on the computer for children but does appear for adults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 157 (968 Views)

whims

★ Novice

I think that I ran into a bug recently. My two sims keep getting the whim to get married to each other, but they already are. I'm doing a legacy, and I married my Sim to a character created by my friend. (My friend was over at my house while doing this, so she created them in my game, and put them in another house.) Now, they keep getting a whim to get married, but thye already are, and it's getting annoying.

Message 79 of 157 (966 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling/off

★★★ Novice

My sims who are married to eachother want to get engaged although already married (Young Adult and Adult I've seen so far, haven't played with elders to know if they're effected too). There was even a moment where a sim wanted to get engaged to themselves instead. Is there any way to fix this?

Message 80 of 157 (938 Views)