Original Post

Re: Sims having whims to marry their spouse

Hero

Hi @AndreaDi

merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 157 (677 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Raise Skill Whims Completing Incorrectly

★ Novice

Also Vampire Lore skill whim doesn't work I just wanted to add this because it's a slightly new whim with the vampire dlc.

Message 122 of 157 (674 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Raise Skill Whims Completing Incorrectly

Hero

Hi @supersyd99

I assume you had the whim first and then maxed out lore ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 157 (663 Views)

Issue with the Publish 3 Books Whim

★★ Apprentice

Hello, just been on the forum and found a few others having a similar issue with this whim.

My Young Adult vampire sim has skill level 7 writing, written a number of books and is working toward completing the Bestselling Author aspiration (currently completing part 2 'Competent Wordsmith'). Clicking on the mailbox, I have selected both 'Sell to Publisher' and 'Self Publish' options however, although the notification advised me that she will earn royalties and that the books are "out in the world", not one of the published books registers in the whim. I cannot recall this being an issue before.

On another note: I do like the fact that there seems to be no cooling off period between publishing books though, my sim was able to publish more than 1 of her books in the space of a few moments! Super cool Standard smile

Message 124 of 157 (651 Views)

Re: Issue with the Publish 3 Books Whim

Hero

Can you try if you have the same issue on a non-vampire Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 125 of 157 (643 Views)

Re: Issue with the Publish 3 Books Whim

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I will try that and get back to you Crinrict. Thanks

Ok lol it took me a while to get my new mortal sim to reach a level of writing skill where she wanted to publish her books. Yes, unfortunately it appears a non-vampire sim with the Bestselling Author aspiration (also working on accomplishing part 2) and also at level 7 writing skill cannot satisfy the 'Publish 3 Books' whim either. Again I tried both publishing options available for her skill level, 'Self Publish' and 'Sell to Publisher' and neither registers in the whim, as with the vampire sim.

Message 126 of 157 (633 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

★ Novice

Not fulfilling:

Whim: Buy a toy, due to being family-oriented.

Condition: I bought a toy in a retail store.

The same toy, when bought in build-mode does fulfill the whim...

Message 127 of 157 (617 Views)

Hero

@jkouwer wrote:

Not fulfilling:

Whim: Buy a toy, due to being family-oriented.

Condition: I bought a toy in a retail store.

The same toy, when bought in build-mode does fulfill the whim...

Duplicated and added to the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 128 of 157 (596 Views)

Whim

★★★ Apprentice

The Creative Whim says writing, painting and playing an instrument, but my Sim's Whim does not fulfill even after writing an entire book.  I have tried several times, and still nothing.  I even locked the Whim before starting the Book and completed the Book in one sitting. (Children's Book - Level 4 Writing Skill).Sim just finished writing book - note box top right and Whim bottom left.

Message 129 of 157 (561 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have also had whims not fulfilling for Grills... Teens, YA, Adults get whims to Grill something (hot dogs, veggie burgers, etc) and I'll grill over and over and the whim will not be fulfilled :/ I don't think there are specific conditions for this, just if my sims own a grill they will get this whim quite often so it is unfortunate that it cannot be fulfilled as it should. 

Message 130 of 157 (566 Views)