[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't put candles on cake in apartments

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marking this as solution for visibility. It's still a unsolved bug

I've also been able to reproduce now.

It seems to happen if you have another build mode item on the counter (and only in certain angles for me)

Workaround: Move the cake to it's own counter/table

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 253 (3,013 Views)

I cannot add candles to a birthday cake.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Whenever my sim makes a birthday cake, they cannot put candles on it. I cannot age up my sims with a birthday cake.

UPDATE: I tried with the hamburger cake, and it worked. But it doesn't work with any other cake.

Message 21 of 253 (3,207 Views)

Re: Can't add candles to cake

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I did what ppl sugested above, like remove all mods & repair the game but still cant celebrete birthdays...

Message 22 of 253 (3,283 Views)

Hero

@FabyRuth2

it usually happens if you have something else on the counter which doesn't seem to be the case for you from your pic

Can you try move it to a different counter and see what happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 253 (3,174 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had this bug again in my all-new game. My Sims were at a tavern (the Windenburg one) and the candles only could be put on the cake in certain places. The new place counters didn`t work, the big table did only work on one place. Same with the Wedding cake in my Appartement. The counters and tables were all free, so it doesn`t only happen with decor or something

Message 24 of 253 (3,169 Views)

Can't put candles on the birthday cake

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi!

After the free holiday celebration update for Sims 4  my game won't age up my Sims anymore. I tried to have a birthday party, but the game didn't give me the option to put candles on my birthday cake. I couldn't even taste the frosting. The life bar is full, but my Sim won't age up by herself.
I don't have CC or any mods in my game. I already tried to reset my Sim, I restarted the game and tried the repair my game option from Origin, but nothing worked.

Can somebody help me?

Message 25 of 253 (3,142 Views)

Re: Can't put candles on the birthday cake

Hero

Hi @Fred_Parker_2303

merged your post with existing bug report.

Please refer to the workaround posted in this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 253 (3,108 Views)

Re: Can't put candles on the birthday cake

★★ Novice

Today I tried it via "repair my game" option again and now it's working again.

Message 27 of 253 (3,086 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi this was happening to me how I solved it was going to the fridge and taking the uneaten cakes out of there and pressed add candles to that cake only. It worked

Message 28 of 253 (3,034 Views)

[TROUBLESHOOT] Sims eat piece of cake right after baking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

why are my sims glitching out after i bake a cake? they automatically take a slice and im unable to make it a birthday cake.

Message 29 of 253 (4,545 Views)