[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Wedding Cake Bug

★★★★ Pro

I uploaded two game save files I had the issue with (though you will have gotten one twice, since I couldn't remember which one I chose to upload first).  

One starts the morning before the wedding took place and the other is a save while the wedding is going on and you can see that the 'take the first piece' task for the wedding is still outstanding.

I have not tried to have another wedding in any other save file; I don't usually have wedding events, I tend to have them elope.  

I did attempt this wedding twice in two different locations; the first time I exited without saving (I had this wedding event at the park in San Myshuno, I made the cake and brought it and when that didn't work, I had a Sim make another cake at the venue and that didn't work either).  

My second attempt at a wedding was held at their penthouse (in the same save file) is what is here.  FYI, the cake was not made by either of the newlyweds but I did attempt to make another cake with one of the newlyweds and that didn't help. I did not save that, I just tried it and quit without saving.

I will try to see if I can replicate this in any other save files, but I only have one file where the couple is in a position to hold a wedding.  They are also located in San Myshuno. I will let you know whether or not they have the same problem.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 171 of 253 (378 Views)

Re: Wedding Cake Bug

EA Live QV Team

@MapleSimmer Perfect. Thank you

Message 172 of 253 (368 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Vampires can't age by their own household using cake

★★ Guide

It's not just a vampire specific bug. I can't age sims up up with the cake (human); I can add candles, blow them out without aging up, "celebrate", and I can't remove the candles.

Message 173 of 253 (301 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too....real annoying. Cooking seems to be bugged period after installing City Living

Message 174 of 253 (285 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shadedgrey63

Remove any Mods and CC you may have installed and try again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 175 of 253 (291 Views)

★★ Guide

Don't use any. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I repair the game almost every time I open it.

Message 176 of 253 (296 Views)

Hero

@shadedgrey63

that's a different issue. Moved your posts to the correct thread.

Try moving the cake to a counter or a table without anything else on it or move it to a different spot and try agian

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 177 of 253 (285 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've found that sims can no longer drink and eat at the same time, was this something that was supposed to happen? So far, I've seen it in two different households; one with coffee, another with futuristic punch.

Message 178 of 253 (272 Views)

Re: cant use birthday cake to age up sim

★★★ Newbie

Yay!!!! Thank you!!!! Large smile

Message 179 of 253 (256 Views)

Hero

@73bb3ee9e874670a wrote:

I've found that sims can no longer drink and eat at the same time, was this something that was supposed to happen? So far, I've seen it in two different households; one with coffee, another with futuristic punch.

Put on my list to test but I'm a bit busy with RL atm so it may be a while

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 180 of 253 (243 Views)