[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

[ Edited ]
Hero

Compiled List

• When Serving food, Sims take one serving and put it in their inventory instead of eating it --> Fixed in Patch 1.28.25
  • Cake is put in the fridge or the inventory instead of the counter
  • After baking a cake, Sims will eat a piece right away, leaving no room for adding candles
  • Russian & French translation issue with 'Pick up Serving' (named the same as Grab a serving)
  • Baking: Sim doesn't put down serving
  • Vampires auto-eat single-servings
  • Can't add candles to birthday cake --> Make sure there's nothing else on the counter. Maybe move cake to a table
  • Sims don't blow out candles --> see can't add candles
  • Sims can't cut wedding cake --> Make sure to bake the cake a the venue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 253 (27,897 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

Hero

This thread has become a bit of a mess and I'm going to lock this.

Please make new separate threads for issues that are still occuring

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 253 of 253 (16,795 Views)

All Replies

Can't add candles to cake

★★★★ Novice

Since the new update, I can't add birthday candles to any of the cakes so I can't age up any of my sims early. My sims cooking, baking, and gourmet cooking skills are all maxed. I've made every possible cake and none of them have the add birthday candles option (or the wedding topper option).

Message 1 of 253 (38,492 Views)

Re: Can't add candles to cake

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have checked it in my save (no cc/mods) and I was able to place both the topper and the candles, and age up a sim. (btw, it also worked with updated MC Command Center added)

Message 2 of 253 (38,477 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 253 (38,469 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not using any mods or CC

Message 4 of 253 (38,464 Views)

Hero

Could you start a new game for testing purposes and also try repairing the game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 253 (38,460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried it with a different family and it worked. So I went and repaired the game through Origin and now its working. Thanks!

Message 6 of 253 (38,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had the same problem.

I repaired the game.

The candle option was back.

I put the cake in the fridge.

When I needed the cake again, I put it on the counter...and the candle option was NOT available anymore.

I made another cake..and the Sim put it on the table.

Candle option was available, but the cake was placedd where the Sim couldn't reach it.

I put the cake on the counter...and the candle option was NOT available anymore.

I put the cake back on the table and the option was available again.

Weird.

(and no, no CC or mods in my game)

Edit:

in the next household the candle option was not available on the counter or the table.

I then put the cake on another table and the option was back

Message 7 of 253 (38,412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually, I think this is more of a pathfinding issue than a bug, as I had this problem too and was able to fix it myself. When you place an object in build mode it's highlighted in green, if it's highlighted in yellow, they can't use it so you need to rotate it until you get the green square around it.

The cake was on a counter that had another item on it and that was causing the issue, as soon as I removed the offending object and placed the cake on a counter that had nothing on it, the problem was solved and my Sims were able to add candles and wedding toppers to it. 

Hopefully this will work for some other people with this problem. Standard smile

Message 8 of 253 (38,185 Views)

[WORKAROUND] Several issues with birthday/wedding cakes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Issue

None of my Bigcity-Sims can put candles on their cakes and i don`t get an option  "Älter werden" by clicking on the Sim. I always have to wait for the auto-aging and my birthday-parties are going bad because i can`t fullfil the main task.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Play bigcityliving in different appartements on different saves.

Where does the bug occur ?

In all kinds of appartements (don`t know if in the penthouse too). Different families and Sims.

Mods/CC

No Mods or CCs used, vanilla game.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Gaumenfreuden, An die Arbeit, Zeit für Freunde, Großstadtleben +  Romantische Garten- und Heimkino-Accessoires

Occurring since

i first played bigcityliving

Operating system

Windows 7, 64-bit

Message 9 of 253 (35,308 Views)