Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

by aodoherty

Original Post

Re: Baking Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Did that, it didn't fix anything. But I discovered if I choose "call to meal", my sim will eventually put the dish down after taking two servings and then I can use it as normal. I suppose that will have to do for the time being. Thanks for your help

Message 91 of 253 (896 Views)

Hero

Do you have a rather small kitchen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 253 (894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not really, I have a small table, but two empty counter tops and a bar. So I think that's plenty of space to put things down.

Message 93 of 253 (887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the trick for things getting stuck in their hands where you plan an outfit and that put the baked item in her inventory. So that's good, I just wish she wouldn't automatically take a serving as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Message 94 of 253 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hslone92

I merged your thread with the Food issue collection thread and added the stuck dish to the overview on the first page

I've tested this and can actually duplicate it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 253 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

In my sim's case, there's no problem to cook just general food and gourmet one. That's why I haven't found this glitch but I wanted to let my sim learn the baking skill. He started baking and has got this issue all the time after baking.

I recorded a video. I deleted all cache files and also repaired the game in Origin but still going on. He did this baking for the daily task from work as he is working as a chef. So he was not hungry at this time. He hasn't put the food in his inventory since I found this glitch. 

https://youtu.be/eXxVjx8jfoQ

Message 96 of 253 (835 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Compiled List

• When Serving food, Sims take one serving and put it in their inventory instead of eating it
  • After baking a cake, Sims will eat a piece right away, leaving no room for adding candles

I'm having this issues too. My sim eats a piece of cake right away even if he's not hungry. And Also my sims when finnish cooking they put the food in inventory, they don't eat the food after cooking like before.

Message 97 of 253 (810 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sims is also having this problem it walks away with either 2 plates in its hand-the plate stays in its hand while it interacts with other things-the food goes straight to inventory, it doesnt matter what it cooks its always the same this was also after the toddler update, i done fix game from origin that didnt help. it did stop the game going fast forward after every woohoo though lol

Message 98 of 253 (810 Views)

★★★ Novice
My Sims will not sit after picking up food. They stand where they grabbed it from and eat there. If I direct one to sit, others will then go sit with them, though.

A good majority of the time after cooking a meal, my Sim who cooked will store a serving in her inventory, which I have to then instruct her to eat.

Cakes have been fine for me thus far, though.
Message 99 of 253 (892 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the issue where sims take a serving of every group meal (incl cake) and put it in their inventory instead of eating. I do however not have any issues with birthdays/weddings as others are reporting, as I can consistently avoid it, by only baking the cakes when already full (my chefs are always inspired when cooking, just in case that would matter).

I normally play modded (MC), but I did an unmodded test and was able to reproduce the issue only if the chef is hungry (yellow or lower) when cooking.

I did have another new issue with the wedding cakes though. Bringing a cake with topper to the venue makes it unusable (groom and bride both refuse to cut it - says they must wait for the newlyweds). One couple got around the issue by baking a new cake at the venue and were able to cut that one. Another couple couldn't even cut a new cake baked at the venue, but could cut the original cake when loading the save before travelling to venue and throwing the wedding at home instead(so the same cake worked before traveling, but not after).

Windows 10, Base game + OR, GTW, LP, PP, SP, CK, GT, DO, CL and VG

Message 100 of 253 (866 Views)