Sims 4 Evolve does not count

by Ethyrdude

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Aspirations not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Vampire Spar is under the friendly section so I think it's not counted by design.

But I think Vampire Duel should be counted as fights because it's under the mean section.

Thank you for adding.Standard smile

Message 81 of 180 (3,118 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 4 Evolve does not count

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've noticed that when evolving plants, when more than one plant indicates it is ready to be evolved, the sim doing the evolving only has to be told once to evolve a plant and then automatically evolves all the plants ready to be evolved.  This is fine but, when trying to complete the second level of the Freelance Botanist Aspiration - Evolve 5 Different Plants, only the first plant being evolved counts.  No matter how many plants after are evolved, unless I stop the process and try to evolve the plants individually, none of the rest of the evolves count.

I have tested this twice now, with and without mods and multiple autonomous evolves do not count, leaving the aspiration uncompleted even though 5 or more plants have been evolved.  If I manage to catch it in time and evolve the plants one by one, those evolves count and I am able to complete that stage of the aspiration.

Edit:  Thank you for merging! Standard smile

Message 82 of 180 (3,120 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Evolve does not count

Hero

Hi @Ethyrdude

merged this with the aspiration collection thread.

Put on my list to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 180 (3,102 Views)

[Bug] Freelance Botanist not updating correctly when evolving plants

★★★ Apprentice

Issue

When evolving plants, not all plants will count for the Freelance Botanist aspiration; every time you tell a sim to evolve plants it will evolve all nearby plants that can be evolved, but just one will be counted.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Advance the Freelance Botanist aspiration to the step where you need to evolve 5 plants. Wait until multiple plants can be evolved. Tell the sim to evolve a plant. The sim should evolve multiple plants, but only one will be counted for the aspiration.

Where does the bug occur ?

Every save.

Mods/CC

Happens even without any mod/CC

Occurring since

When the Evolve interaction was changed to evolve multiple plants; I don't know the exact patch when this happened.

Operating system

Windows

Why does it happen:

When the Evolve interaction was changed so multiple plants could be evolved with just one command a second, autonomous, evolve interaction was added (gardening_Plant_Evolve_Continuation, 156954); the second plant evolved onward use that interaction. But that interaction isn't tested for in the aspiration test for evolving 5 plants (objective_Asp_Nature_A2_2, 40686), so plants evolved through it aren't counted for the aspiration.

Message 84 of 180 (3,046 Views)

Re: Freelance Botanist not updating correctly when evolving plants

Hero

Hi @LoneWatcher

merged your post with collection thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 180 (3,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

foremost, i refuse to use cheats/ mods. moving on...

my Angling Ace and Serial Romantic have severe issues (glitches?). my Fishing skill is above Level 8 and she cannot reel-in "Great" catches ~ only "Excellent," for which no credit is given. forgive me for being ahead of her aspiration... Disappointed wth? please tell me it's a glitch and she's not being punished for furthering her goals before she knew they were on her roster, LOL... 0,o

as for my Serial Romantic, none of my dates will register for the "Gold" goal. almost immediately upon venturing, the date and goal are cancelled... once again, wth? i use no cheats/ mods. it would be horrible to discover i have to un/re-install all my games SIMply for the aspiration points... ugh!

thank you for any feasible tips/ assistance. ;D

Message 86 of 180 (3,009 Views)

Hero

For the dates: Is your Sim a Vampire ? If so, try going on dates at night (and yes, that is a bug that has it's own thread)

For the angling ace, not sure I understand you correctly: You're saying your fish have excellent quality but that doesn't fulfill the aspiration ? Did you catch new fish ? I'm confused what you mean by being ahead of the aspiration.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 180 (3,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

regarding the Gold aspiration dates: yes, my Sim is a vampire. where can i find more information pertaining to that if it is a resolved glitch?

as for the Angling Ace, my Sim is (now, since posting the thread, lol) Level 9 in Fishing. she catches Excellent fish (higher than Great, clearly) but does not receive credit for the 2nd phase ("Make 6 Great Catches") of the aspiration. there is no indication that she need reel-in specific fish other than "Great" in quality.

thank you for your response! ;D

UPDATE: my Sim went without buffs (no Focus, meals or fun/ happiness) and carried foul (LOL) fish in her inventory. using no bait, she was finally able to degrade herself to achieve the "Catch 6 Great Fish" when it seemed the "Excellent" would not register. go figure, haha...

going to try my vampire's "3 Gold dates" now...

thanks again!

Message 88 of 180 (3,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sim is currently in the criminal career, he is currently on career level 6.

But the aspiration level 2 for the Public Enemy aspiration (he needs to get to level 4 in the criminal career) will not work...

Any help?

I use no mods, no custom content or any cheats for this game.  

Message 89 of 180 (2,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i just fulfilled this aspiration about a week ago.  like you, i use no cheats/ mods.

the only thing i can think for your current issue is: did you lasso your Neighborhood Nuisance (Be Disliked by 4 Sims) via Mean choice?

sorry for the 'Captain Obvious' ~ you'd have to had become an adult and performed "Mean" interactions ...and, yup, clearly (again, oy, lol, Capt. Obv.) joined the Criminal Career.

are you, mayhaps, using Mischief interactions rather than Mean at this stage? Mischief isn't as *enemy-prone* during socialization, as some Sims tend to find Air Horns and Noxious Clouds funny... ;|  go figure, lmfao

also, if you're not advancing as you ought to be (with Focus & high needs), try quitting the career and rejoining. i know it's a PitA, but it may delve you further without losing the points you've already earned for the aspiration.

Message 90 of 180 (2,980 Views)