[BY DESIGN] Science Career - asked to invent same devices

by sarah_the_mouse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Science Career - asked to invent same devices

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm doing the science career and I've been asked to invent the 'simray' four times and the 'momentum conserver' three times. I just installed this 2 days ago, so I presume all updates have been added via Origin. 

Anyone had this issue or have some advise?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27 (4,467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Scientist career. My sim can't make new inventions

Community Manager (retired)

I just played through the Scientist career myself, up to rank 6, and I'm not really seeing any problems. Yes, I had to make like 4 Sim Rays and 7 Momentum Converters and 5 Hover Lamps during the earlier career levels, but now that I'm rank 6, and have 12 Breakthroughs, my first task has been to make the Ghost Goo Serum, or Slimify Serum, or Wormhole Generator. Newer Breakthroughs that I haven't already made several times. It appears as if I've moved up to the next "set of goals", which is what I would expect to see. 

If anyone is still seeing something differently, I would love to see your save file! Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 18 of 27 (4,811 Views)

All Replies

Re: Science Career - asked to invent same devices

Hero

Are you using any custom content or mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (4,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I don't use CC or mods.  The game wasn't having the issue before they may have made this by design because players were complaining about the lack of options for the career.  I haven't tested since January.  I will see if it is still happening since the February 2016 patch and report back.

Message 3 of 27 (4,392 Views)

Hero

It's definitely not mod related but I'm unsure if it's a bug either.

I lean towards no.

I played the whole career now and it didn't bother me. Most of the time, I didn't do it but for some items, I was glad to make two, either to give them to other Sims in my family or to have one in the home lot and one in the work lot.

You can also sell them for good money.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (4,389 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This happened before, but since the last patch it has gotten worse. My Sim has been asked for 4 days to re-invent the momentum conservator. He was never asked to invent the simray though he had all necessary ingredients.

Message 5 of 27 (4,378 Views)

Hero

Did you build more than one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (4,378 Views)

★ Apprentice

I want to add my "me too" here by saying that I'm now level 7 in science and I've been asked to build the momentum conservator six times and the simray 8 times.  I've repeatedly built and rebuilt all of these hoping that it would actually ask me to build the more advanced things.  Of course, I *can* build the more advanced things but I'd rather the career ask for it to fill up my daily progress bar.

Besides, if you have already invented something, it shouldn't ask you to invent it again.  How do you invent the same thing more than once? O_o   At any rate, it's annoying and like the OP said, it's much worse than before.

I built the cloning machine without being asked and the game hasn't once asked me to clone something.  However, it's constantly asking me to use the simray on everyone all the time at the same time as asking me to re-invent it.

Message 7 of 27 (4,370 Views)

Sims 4 Scientist career. My sim can't make new inventions

★ Novice

Hello,

My sim can't make new inventions at the scientist career. She has to make the same one over and over again. But she does level up in the career. How can I fix this?

Message 8 of 27 (4,364 Views)

Hero

@Marlies-Senpai

I've merged with this although I'm not entirely sure it's the same problem

Do you mean you get the same task over and over or you don't have any Eurika moments where you make new inventions ? Can you build the other stuff but just don't get the task for it or can you not build them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (4,349 Views)

★ Novice
It's more like that she can level but she doesn't get the tasks. She has to make the same inventions over and over again. She build like 5 momentum conserver. And multiple simray. But the euruka moments are there
Message 10 of 27 (4,344 Views)