Re: High Quality Plants Yielding Zero Simoleon Profits

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I have been working with trash plants a long time and they evolve like all other trash plants. But right now there is a glitch where either they do not evolve or if I place perfect trashplants/ trashfruits from a previous saved room, they will only be perfect the first time plucked and then the fruit goes back to looking like it is normal (but once plucked again says it perfect.).

For new trash plant bushes, the trash plant fruit is just not evolving anymore.

Message 21 of 31 (1,307 Views)

EA Sims Team

@EuphorialQueen @phyllisp160 @Tammyjo329 @Brennachan

We'll take a look at the Trash Plant & Fruit again.  Thank you for the reports.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 31 (1,291 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimQARobo wrote:

@EuphorialQueen @phyllisp160 @Tammyjo329 @Brennachan

We'll take a look at the Trash Plant & Fruit again.  Thank you for the reports.

Thank you very much for looking into this issue. It may not seem important but we appreciate your attention.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 23 of 31 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo, I had a vague memory of when I used to play in 2014. (I took a long break). My gardener Sim used to delete her plants after harvesting an "evolved," higher quality fruit, then would plant the higher quality fruit, and keep doing that until she could plant a perfect fruit. I don't remember WHY I did that now. However ...

.... in my game (which has 16 trash plants, all started from trash piles, almost all of them evolved now to Perfect but bearing "normal" fruit), I took one of my "normal" fruits and planted it. After I evolved it to "nice," the first harvest was "nice!"  First time in this game that I've had anything other than a "normal" trash plant fruit. I am now going to plant a "nice" fruit and see what happens after the next evolution. I am also keeping the "nice" plant to see what happens after its next evolution.

Message 24 of 31 (1,252 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @SimQARobo @crinrict

Any news on this issue?

Started a brand new game with a fresh Sims 4 folder just prior to the June 1st patch.

Evolved Perfect Trash plants have a mix of Perfect and Normal fruit.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 25 of 31 (1,231 Views)

EA Sims Team

@EuphorialQueen

Are you seeing improved results?  I'm not aware of any changes the team as made in that area.  It's still on our list of things to look into.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 31 (1,212 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimQARobo wrote:

@EuphorialQueen

Are you seeing improved results?  I'm not aware of any changes the team as made in that area.  It's still on our list of things to look into.

Not much different really. I am paying closer attention now and harvesting one Trash plant bush at a time. Usually the harvest is all Normal from an evolved bush or a mix of Normal and higher quality. One Perfect Trash plant yield is 5 Perfect and 5 Normal fruits. I have started with new folders a few times since this was first reported. I even started a brand new folder and a brand new version of Murkland. The test results are the same.
I also am playing another set of Sims and went to the Romance festival. The plants that spawn at the festival appear to have the same issue. Plants showing Good yielded Normal fruits. This should be easy to replicate since it has been happening in every single save since City Living.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 27 of 31 (1,197 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The mixture of Normal and Perfect is what is by design, I believe. If anyone is seeing 100% Normal quality trash plants yielded from a Perfect trash plant (and 0% Perfect) then that sounds like a bug (and a save file where you've seen this would much appreciated!)

We've reproduced the plants spawned via festivals yielding 100% Normal quality harvestables, despite all the plants being Good or Great.

Message 28 of 31 (1,168 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick wrote:

The mixture of Normal and Perfect is what is by design, I believe. If anyone is seeing 100% Normal quality trash plants yielded from a Perfect trash plant (and 0% Perfect) then that sounds like a bug (and a save file where you've seen this would much appreciated!)

We've reproduced the plants spawned via festivals yielding 100% Normal quality harvestables, despite all the plants being Good or Great.

@SimGuruNick
Thank you for the additional feedback.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 29 of 31 (1,134 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimQARobo @SimGuruNick @crinrict
Hello again
Same Issue Different Plant
This time I am seeing Garlic with Very Nice plant and a mix of normal and good Garlic harvested from the one plant.
The Garlic was planted from seeds bought by clicking on a planter box. My Gardener is my own creation and at level 10 of the skill.

I put the plant into family inventory and planted a new plant from the highest quality Garlic.
Recently had to do a factory reset of my computer. That means I am on Win7 with a fresh total install of Origin and all the Sims content.

(Own all packs to date) Zero Mods and Zero CC
*Would the quality/type fertilizer make a difference?

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 30 of 31 (1,086 Views)