[OPEN] Canceling interactions will still fulfill goals

by Lulzes

Original Post

[OPEN] Canceling interactions will still fulfill goals

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

One of the goals of the Curator aspiration is to breed 10 frogs. When you go into your sim's inventory, click on a frog and choose "Breed Frog", the goal updates, even if you then cancel the breeding. You can complete the entire goal without actually breeding a single frog.

Similarly, one of the goals of the Angling Ace aspiration is to bowl or mount 15 fish. Again, you can click on a bowl and choose "Add Fish" and the goal will update, even if you then cancel the adding.

Message 3 of 7 (778 Views)

[OPEN] Task fulfilled if computer breaks during task

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've noticed if a sim is interupted while working on a computer related task by the PC breaking (and perhaps other things not related to player control), that task counts as completed for both careers and aspirations. IE your sim needs to create 3 apps, you start working on the first one, the PC breaks and your sim stops but is now at 1/3, you fix the PC and continue, it breaks again and they are at 2/3, fix and continue and they finish and are now at 3/3 even though thay only finished a single app. I have a feeling this goes for any career or aspiration task that requires creating or doing something that can be interupted in a similar way, but I can confirm it happens for programming apps and freelance jobs every time.

Message 1 of 7 (756 Views)

Re: Computer task completion bug.

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (755 Views)

Re: Computer task completion bug.

Hero

This might be a bit difficult to duplicate but does anyone know if this is still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (706 Views)

Small Computer Whiz Aspiration Bug

★ Guide

At level 3 it requires to make a video game or an app. When my sim tried to make an app, his computer broke, and the game registered it as successful attempt to create an app, even though it's not nearly finished.

Message 5 of 7 (702 Views)

Re: Small Computer Whiz Aspiration Bug

Hero

@NimrevD Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (694 Views)

Re: Small Computer Whiz Aspiration Bug

★★★ Expert

Did it to me at the Science lab, on the Constructor yesterday. Was inventing the Wormhole Generator, Constructor broke, task for career completed, Wormhole Generator NOT completed.(Had to repair Constructor and, then finish the Wormhole Generator. Happens when practicing analysis and Experimenting too. Not often but once every 300 hours (real hours) of play or so I see this. Started when I added GTW. Suspect is something with career tasks and them registering as complete that was done specifically for the active careers, it seems the worst as a scientist.

Message 7 of 7 (636 Views)