Re: will i lose my expanision packs if i uninstall the sims3 from my pc to reins

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will i lose my expanision packs if i uninstall the sims3 from my pc to reinstall

★★★ Newbie

i am having trouble with my SIms 3. i bought the expanison pack for world monte and hiddin springs.i have been playing for a while and a couple days ago i go on to play and now its not there but its still in my origin and install spot. but when i go to play the game it will not let me and everything is deleted. if i uninstall the sims 3 altogether will i lose all my expanison packs ?? i have them all and i cant afford to lose them all. so will they all delete if i uninstall my sims 3 ? somebody help

Message 1 of 8 (5,255 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: will i lose my expanision packs if i uninstall the sims3 from my pc to reins

EA Staff

@vickyyum9 All your worlds and expansions should be linked to your account either on Origin or on http://www.thesims3.com/. In Origin you can see your EP when you right click the Sims 3 game tile and select 'game Details'.

So you shouldn't lose any of your expansions if you reinstall. Before reinstalling though, please make sure that your worlds/EPs are selected in the Sims 3 Launcher (Expansions & Stuff and Downloads).

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (6,101 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@vickyyum9 Is your computer a pc or mac? Did you buy MV and HS from Origin? Do these worlds show in your purchase history?

Message 2 of 8 (5,236 Views)

EA Staff

@vickyyum9 All your worlds and expansions should be linked to your account either on Origin or on http://www.thesims3.com/. In Origin you can see your EP when you right click the Sims 3 game tile and select 'game Details'.

So you shouldn't lose any of your expansions if you reinstall. Before reinstalling though, please make sure that your worlds/EPs are selected in the Sims 3 Launcher (Expansions & Stuff and Downloads).

Let us know how you get on!

Message 3 of 8 (6,102 Views)

★★ Novice
How do you reinstall sims 3
Message 4 of 8 (4,621 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ImSoAwesome0519  Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 5 of 8 (4,612 Views)

★★ Novice
Pc windows to be exact
Message 6 of 8 (4,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It’s pc I would like to uninstall The Sims 3 because of issues with the game I will reinstall, but I would like to know if it would delete my add-on otherwise know as my expansion packs. If so could I get them back for free. I would also like to know if I could get sims 3 back with out paying, I already know how to keep my saves. And I want to know how to reinstall it. Please email me back via [XXXXXXXXX@ XXXXX.com]
Or if you more comfortable on this site please reply

Message 7 of 8 (4,594 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ImSoAwesome0519  Removed personal information - personal information is prohibited in these forums.

Message 8 of 8 (4,576 Views)