Re: why does my game crash straight after pressing play on the launcher

by georgia-irwin

Original Post

why does my game crash straight after pressing play on the launcher

★ Novice

Dear Sir/Madam

Im complaining because my Sims 3 game crashes every time I press play on the launcher. I have recently downloaded The Sims 3 Seasons and after persistently re-booting the game for about an hour it finally let me on it. That was last night, but when I came to it today, even after repeating the same things I did last night, the game just would not load. I've made sure to remove all customised content and even checked that both the game and Origin were up to date but it still keeps on coming up with "Not responding" on my task manager.

Is there anything else I can do to try and resolve this issue or anything to download? I would like to get back on to the game soon.

Yours sincerely

Georgia

Message 1 of 6 (326 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (316 Views)

★ Novice

as requested

Message 3 of 6 (301 Views)

Hero

Try updating your graphics drivers through the AMD Page or the catalyst center: http://www.amd.com/en-us

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (293 Views)

★ Novice

I've updated my graphics through the link you sent, made sure origin and the game was updated, even going as far as re-installing the Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack and my game still crashes as soon as I press play on the launcher. What else can I do to resolve this so I can continue playing??

Message 5 of 6 (283 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (272 Views)