unable to connect to EA download manager

by ViictoriiaMay

Original Post

unable to connect to EA download manager

★★★ Newbie

I have The Sims 3 downloaded to my PC, and I was playing it for a few weeks with no troublr and had downloaded store content.

I had to unistall the game and reinstall the game for various reasons.
and now when I click on 'Game Updates' in the The Sims 3 Game Launcher a pop up box appears that states 'Unable to connect to EA Download Manager'

I have the latest versions of Origin and Java. And the same messages appears when my anti-virus programs have been disabled.

This means I am unable to download any of the store content I had previously purchased, and I am unable to play any of my expansion packs as the base game version is too old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10 (7,010 Views)

Re: unable to connect to EA download manager

Hero

You can still download stuff with the message. Just click ok

For patching, use the manual patch:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (6,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please Help:

So im trying to download The Sims 3 Seasons on my Windows 7 from Origin. It says i need to update my game. Ive tried updating it but it says "Unable to connect to EA Download Manager". I have the latest version of Origin I think, Ive reinstalled it multiple times, same with EA Download Manager. My version is: 1.0.631.00001 but I have no idea what that means. I have reinstalled all of my Sims 3 games; Sims 3 Town Life and The Sims 3 about 3 times already! And Ive looked all over the web for solutions, somebody told me i needed to cut the mods folder and paste it to my desktop screen but the problem is I DON'T HAVE A MODS FOLDER!! I have no idea what do to and if you need any more info on my game version or anything please reply to this message. Ive tried just about anything but rebooting my computer and i dont know how to do that (he he). Ive lost everything, my downloads, my families, EVERYTHING because of this. Please help me get rid of this.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 10 (5,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not entirely sure if this will help you but I had a similar problem with the same error message whenever I selected 'refresh' in the 'updates' section of the game launcher.  

If this is what is happening, check to see if you have the 'automatic updates' box checked to the top left.  If it is, as mine was, uncheck it and the update should appear ready for download - or that's what happened with me, anyway.  I should mention that I signed in to the Sims3 website, the launcher, and Origin, just to make sure there was no way that it wasn't connecting with my account in any of them, as well.

If the box isn't checked and you are signed in, or if this isn't the point at which you have the error message, then I don't know what to do, sorry :-(

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 10 (4,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you resolve this issue?  I have the same problem.  After talking by chat with a EA rep, he suggested to desinstall all the game and I did it. now I can update the game after world and adventure.  I have all the game until 70-80-90 and I can not install them.  Can you help me?  What did you do?  

Message 5 of 10 (4,429 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok I had a similar problem as others. I had the game installed and it worked fine. All of a sudden I get that error message. I too have dlc that will not go to my launcher. Two days ago this wasn't a problem. I tried numerous things as well as disabling my antivirus and installing the super patch. Nothing is different. It still wont let me get my dlc and I still keep getting the error message. Any other ideas?

Message 6 of 10 (4,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to install Seasons, but it tells me each time I try that I need to update my game. However, when I go to the launcher to update, it tells me I have the latest version, and that I'm unable to connect to the download manager. My version is 1.0.631.00107

Any ideas?

Message 7 of 10 (4,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG ! Im having the same problem as u , I'll tell u when I get help but all ik is tht to have a back up folder so u dnt loose all ur stuff, Im scared of loosing my stuff since I have so much Frown

Message 8 of 10 (3,295 Views)

Re: unable to connect to EAI download manager

★ Novice

Im Having The Exact Same Problem.But Only With Generations Soon As The Launcher Pops Up It Says Unable To Connect To EA Download Manager,Ive  Check My Game Updater And Everythings Fine There. And Also I Can't See ANYTHING On The Welcome Tab Except For The Logout Button

Message 9 of 10 (1,623 Views)

Re: unable to connect to EAI download manager

Hero

Make sure you Java and Origin are updated. Reinstall both if the issue persists.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,614 Views)